81 brake help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81 brake help

so the front end on my MNS is apparently the one off of the 81 venturer i recently sold, anyone have pictures of what the front caliper mounts look like, i am going to have to machine them after hours at work and it would be most helpful if i had some measurements between hole centers.
    80 MNS; 81 Venturer

Originally posted by Nick7777 View Post
    so the front end on my MNS is apparently the one off of the 81 venturer i recently sold, anyone have pictures of what the front caliper mounts look like, i am going to have to machine them after hours at work and it would be most helpful if i had some measurements between hole centers.
    Apparently? Does that mean you don't know for sure or what? Does it have the leading front forks or is the axle center under the forks?
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I guess the question is, what kind of calipers are you mounting? If you've got 'standard' forks and are trying to install OEM brakes, just buy a set of used mounts. It's a fairly complicated casting, I wouldn't want to build one...
      Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
      '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
      '82 XJ rebuild project
      '80SG restified, red SOLD
      '79F parts...
      '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
      '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
      '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
      '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
      Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
      Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

PO said he had swapped em with the ones off the parts bike had, unfortunately i sold the parts bike already
        80 MNS; 81 Venturer

Comment

You may...

Originally posted by Nick7777 View Post
          ...want to read this thread:

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...ght=rake+trail
          1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
          1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
          1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
          1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
          1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Schming View Post
            good news is it is the whole assembly, triple trees and all. one less cobweb to sort through, nonetheless a good read and thank you for the advice.
            80 MNS; 81 Venturer

Comment

Working...
            X