2h7 tci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lee_dutcher View Post
    With all my mods now it ran ok till the last few months. Had power to redline hickup here and there but nothing to bad. Maybe moisture is finally getting to it? I have dynateks and i had some troubles there. It now bucks, spits, sputters, runns ob 2 cyclinder sometimes. Name it it does it. Car sync is fine, bur hard to do when the bike idles and revs up to 8grand reallt fast as i sync but i got them to get about 15 inchs/ merc. Plugs are firing. Seems like not all the time. Cokir looks good brownish dark tanish brown ( maybe a little rich)..
    That TCI most definitly needs to be replaced and I would do that first but what your describing sounds like a pickup coil wire going bad.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      No, it sounds like up to 81. You added the including.
      You fit that crazy part... 'cause that maybe is what you meant in your mind, but not what it looks like. Any SANE person... if the bikes from 78-80 were the same TCI, they'd say "all the XS1100's to '80 use the same."

That'd be like talking to someone on a Saturday and saying "I'll meet you here a week from today.." then show up on a Friday because that'd been 7 days counting that Saturday. You could argue all day about which one is right, but your wording was confusing. I was simply trying to clarify for people that didn't know.
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Sorry Tod, I didn't mean to confuse you.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Ok so next question does anyone have a tci they want to sell dirt cheap. Cash us low and have about 40 bux to spend...
          _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
          1980 gs1000g "stock"
          1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
          2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

Working...
          X