Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duley Noted

Originally posted by motoman View Post
    OK...........they handle like a tank compared to a Special not having the shorter 16" rear wheel and not having the leading front axle. They're still quick and will hang dead even with a same year Special.......up to 65mph, then mother nature takes over with the barn door on the front. Once up and running properly, i highly advise you install a TKat fork brace or that scoot WILL raise your pucker factor a few notches higher than you like pushing it a bit in corners, even if not intentional! Just been my experience with 45yrs. of street and moto-cross under my belt. It can get ugly before you can counter-react, specially on a loaded Venturer! It's a tourer and a decent canyon carver, but don't push the envelope....BTDT. Looks like it will give you many years of service and enjoyment!
    Tkat fork brace duley noted as mentioned above (post #9) and is in the plan already, THANKS again!!!
    Current Rides:
    02 GL1800 Wing
    79 XS1100SF Sold 10-15-12
    81 XS1100H Venturer Sold 10-27-12

Comment

Wow

I did a google search for the Venturer as I bought one this year as well. Saw this thread and started reading. Just now realized it was from 7 days ago LOL. Nice bike dude. Looks to be in really good condition. I am on the edge on if I wanna bring mine back to near mint or sell it as is. I got it running a couple months ago but can't decide what to do with it. Trying to figure out the fairing wiring right now. It is almost all original but I don't have the stock exhaust I have an SG that I love and am working on a 79F at the moment. Also have 2 78 parts bikes (possibly a 3rd after tonight, just made room 2 days ago )

Are those decals something the PO put on it? Did a decent job on them if so but not my cup of tea. The seat is super comfortable as well. Mine was redone with smooth fabric. I kinda like the look of it. Have fun with that hog. I haven't even given mine a bath yet.
      1980 XS1100SG "Black Mamba" 28K
      1979 XS1100F 33k (Current Project)
      1981 XS1100H "Blue Balls" (Crashed and under repair )

1978 XS1100E "Partsy"

Work Hard, Play Harder!

Comment

1st Bath

Here'tis after it's 1st bath and deep cleaning
        Only polished a little bit of the painted pieces, not any of the chrome
        Took the lowers off to get it clean everywhere, plus it's too hot in Tejas for them anyway...
        ALL the saddlebag protector bars are in "mint" shape and the exhaust has no scrapes and are very near "mint"
        Overall, it's in amazing shape and it only has 18K miles so there's plenty of smiles per miles left on this one
        Have a new seat cover ready to install and I just
        order a set of Metzler tires from JakeWilson
        Now, I gotta open a new can of elbow grease

Last edited by tv5150; 06-21-2012, 07:20 PM.
        Current Rides:
        02 GL1800 Wing

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Lbrown311 View Post
          I did a google search for the Venturer as I bought one this year as well. Saw this thread and started reading. Just now realized it was from 7 days ago LOL. Nice bike dude. Looks to be in really good condition. I am on the edge on if I wanna bring mine back to near mint or sell it as is. I got it running a couple months ago but can't decide what to do with it. Trying to figure out the fairing wiring right now. It is almost all original but I don't have the stock exhaust I have an SG that I love and am working on a 79F at the moment. Also have 2 78 parts bikes (possibly a 3rd after tonight, just made room 2 days ago )

Are those decals something the PO put on it? Did a decent job on them if so but not my cup of tea. The seat is super comfortable as well. Mine was redone with smooth fabric. I kinda like the look of it. Have fun with that hog. I haven't even given mine a bath yet.
          Thanks for the comments, those are some grapics done prolly at a bike rally back in the day, not exactly my cup of tea either, I ordered a repo cover from B&H Specialties that has the stock pattern sewn into the material with a thick foam backing to make appear to be raised when properly installed on the cushion. This just rolled off the transport this AM @ 6:30, but didn't get to start cleaning it until mid-morning (my little JRT had a Vet appointment this AM) and only fiddled with it for like 4 hours total, there's alot of improvement to be made when I get real serious about detailing it, BUT, like my previous post stated, gotta get that new can of elbow grease opened-up
          Last edited by tv5150; 06-21-2012, 07:34 PM.
          Current Rides:
          02 GL1800 Wing

Comment

That bike looks effin amazing. Such a fantastic find. Super jealous of the condition of that thing. Wish mine was that mint. That will be a super fun bike to own for a lot of years and will only go up in value.
            1980 XS1100SG "Black Mamba" 28K
            1979 XS1100F 33k (Current Project)
            1981 XS1100H "Blue Balls" (Crashed and under repair )

1978 XS1100E "Partsy"

Work Hard, Play Harder!

Comment

Paperwork Done Did

Got the bike inspected (seen in last photo) and obtained the VIN verification sheet that I then to the DMV to get the out of State Title transferred to a Texas Title and got my Texas license plates also, so now it's all legal to ride in the Great State of Texas
              Current Rides:
              02 GL1800 Wing

Comment

Lovely bike! You did a good cleaning job. Bet you're pleased

So you got the Texas plates and that means you can ride in Texas, correct? What happens if you want to drive over the 'border'? state line? into another state?
                XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Originally posted by James England View Post
                  Lovely bike! You did a good cleaning job. Bet you're pleased

So you got the Texas plates and that means you can ride in Texas, correct? What happens if you want to drive over the 'border'? state line? into another state?
                  I don't know??? I've heard horror stories of people disappearing once they cross the Stateline, never to be heard from again
                  Current Rides:
                  02 GL1800 Wing

Comment

Originally posted by tv5150 View Post
                    I don't know??? I've heard horror stories of people disappearing once they cross the Stateline, never to be heard from again
                    Wow.......always thought that state was another country as long as it takes to get across....
                    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
                    X