Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TC
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Tc

Originally posted by New2Me View Post
      Sorry to have to ask this but what's TC?

TC= TopCatGr58

The big guy, forum moderator and XSive Extraordinaire...

He sells an adapter plate that bolts onto filter cup assembly.

Also a good source for the $10 fuse block kit to replace the old glass fuses with modern spade fuses.

Just search member list to contact him directly. (or click on Greg's link above which I only saw just now)

John
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

down here in houston were almost at triple digits, and summer has barely started...i might as well afix a cooler, my old xs will probably like me for it...
        79 XS11 special "Loki" - homemade 4-2 exhaust, pod filters, rebuilt forks with progressive springs, tkat fork brace, progressive shocks, rebuilt all brakes and MC's, rebuilt carbs with #142.5 main and #42.5 pilot, a custom front and chin fairing, and a handmade set of saddlebags....

09 YZF-R1 " Toothless"

04 Buell XB12R "Butterfly"

"I had a name at some point, a birth-name, but now everyone just calls me Wolf...."

Wolf
        Moto Militia MC

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post

I had an oil cooler on my SG until I put the fairing on but had to remove it for the fairing mount. I really havent noticed a difference. But then I haven't checked engine temp either.
          Greg: I've got the factory oil cooler AND the vetter mount, cooler on outside of mount on my SG. Wonder why yours doesn't fit?

Back to the original question in this thread: I don't see why an XS850 aftermarket cooler wouldn't fit an 1100. Same oil fiter. Might have to drill a couple holes in the mount. Factory Yamaha cooler might be a different story, as they weren't piped through the filter, rather through the engine lines.
          Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
          stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

Yeah, Greg and Tom, I've got the vetter mount on my G too and the cooler fits, however, the plastic cowling over the cooler had some interference, so I took it off.
            Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
            The Green Monster
            K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
            Got him in '04.
            bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
            Scarlet
            K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
            Got her in '11
            Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
            Hugo
            Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
            Cold weather ride

Comment

Can someone show how/where the stock oil lines come from/go to on the engine? I would like to add a cooler as well, but don't want to add the sofca, so if someone has a stocker with a cooler if they could snap a pic or two? Thanks!
              BARE BONES CHOPPERS: If it don't make it go faster, you don't need it!
              80 XS1100SG(cafe in progress *slowly)

Comment

Originally posted by daveyg View Post
                Can someone show how/where the stock oil lines come from/go to on the engine? I would like to add a cooler as well, but don't want to add the sofca, so if someone has a stocker with a cooler if they could snap a pic or two? Thanks!
                The stock unit is basically the same as the SOFCA. It is a plate that goes between the case and the filter cup, just thinner than the SOFCA.
                Nathan
                KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                K&N Filter
                #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                OEM Exhaust
                ATK Fork Brace
                LED Dash lights
                Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                SS Brake Lines
                Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                X