Carb start jet location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb start jet location?

So in the post below it says "start jet"... So where is this start jet located?

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73
    USMC 2005 - Present

79 XS1100F -Mileage unknown - Clubman bars, aftermarket headlight and speedometer, 4 into 1 straight through exhaust, TopCat's fuse box, 1980G rear fender - Daily driver - My first Motorcycle
    78 XS1100E - Rebuilt And Sold I SHOULD OF KEPT IT!!!

The starter jet is pressed into the aibox side of the venturi and is non servicable. I don't know why they list it other than just to show the differences year to year.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Alright so the difference between the 78 and 79 carbs shouldn't be a problem then right? So I can take my carbs off a 79 and put them on a 78 and it should run fine even with the different pilot and start jets right?
      USMC 2005 - Present

79 XS1100F -Mileage unknown - Clubman bars, aftermarket headlight and speedometer, 4 into 1 straight through exhaust, TopCat's fuse box, 1980G rear fender - Daily driver - My first Motorcycle

Comment

I run 79 carbs on my 80. Well I did on the 80 engine and it ran great. I still have the 79 carbs but I now have a 79 engine in my SG also.

You'll be fine. If you'll notice the 78 is the only year they had that particular starter jet and pilot jet. 79 they went to smaller on both. No doubt an engineering correction.

80-82 was a different design carb.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Thanks. Well if anyone has 1pilot air jet that is a 180 I would love to buy it from you. All I am missing is 1 to have a complete set of carbs. I don't want to get a whole rebuild kit just to use 1 pilot air jet.
          USMC 2005 - Present

Comment

Well actually I just found 1 in the parts box that came with my 79. Thanks again for the info
            USMC 2005 - Present

Comment

Working...
            X