zrx 1200 carbs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zrx 1200 carbs...

I was wondering if anyone that has the keihin cvk 36's on there xs has what the numbers on the vacuum Sync gauge should be for smooth running conditions. thanks.
    80 MNS; 81 Venturer

Every engine is different.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

obviously, im not looking for exact numbers, just want to be in the ball-park.
      80 MNS; 81 Venturer

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
        Every engine is different.
        Not really........every tuner is different. Should be anywhere from 18-21in. vacuum.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

depends on your altitude as well.
          1980 XS1100LG Midnight
          1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
          A quick death and an easy one.
          A pretty girl and an honest one.
          A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Other things affect the readings also. Mine runs around 11-13 inches with the Keihins but then I have some head work and cams are dialed in differently than stock which affects the vacuum signal at idle.

I say just balance them all at whatever reading you are getting and you should be OK.
            Mike Giroir
            79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
              depends on your altitude as well.
              Very true...........sea-level;21-22in.vac............here @5,000ft;18-20in.vac.........10,000ft;14-16invac. ......least that's been my experience at those higher elev.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

thanks for the input guys. its my first bike so im just trying to get everything right.
                80 MNS; 81 Venturer

Comment

The whole concept of synching is that they are all at the same level, so get that correct. Then you tune for good fuel mix, which could change the synch, and re-synch, again, to the same level whatever that level is.

Even differences in valve seating, buildup in your exhaust pipes, ring sealing which is to say different compression per cylinder will change per bike. All effect the vacuum it will pull just as the altitude, or the tuner itself.
                  Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                  80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                  93 GSX600F
                  80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                  81 XS1100 Special
                  81 CB750 C
                  80 CB750 C
                  78 XS750

Comment

Working...
                  X