A second neutral???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddragon63 View Post
    My biggest problem was being a rocket rider most my life I'm use to my toes pointing down. So I loosened the shifter and moved it down and notch or 2 so I didn't fee like I had to shift with my whole leg, its just a flick of the boot. YMMV but it helped me.
    Just don't get caught in a corner toe down on these scoots, Standard or Special........and if you counter that too far, you can get your boot heel re-shaped at the same time............
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      Just don't get caught in a corner toe down on these scoots, Standard or Special........and if you counter that too far, you can get your boot heel re-shaped at the same time............
      its not THAT far down.. LOL! I Think my Dad wore some thick A$$ boots so it was up a ways. I wear thin sport bike boots so I pretty much had to lift my whole leg to get to the shifter. So I adjusted it to my liking. I'll find the pegs before I find my foot... @ least I'm gonna assume thats what the noise was grinding on the ground in the twisttys
      Don
      1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
      1989 kawi ex500
      1996 yzf-r6
      1999 yzf-r1
      2001 kawi zx-6r
      2000 Ducati 748
      2002 YZF-R1
      2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

I'll find the pegs before I find my foot... @ least I'm gonna assume thats what the noise was grinding on the ground in the twisttys
        ............on a left..........that be your side-stand that'll throw sparks.............
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

hahahaha!!! We left a gas station once on the way to the beach, and my side stand is a little sticky and I didn't fully get it to its... upright and locked position you might say.
          Took a left out of the station and heard it wack the ground. My buddy behind me about wrecked laughing @ me as I'm riding down the hwy trying to kick the thing up without putting my foot on the ground we had to pull over so I could get it up.....
          Don
          1979 XS1100SF "Old Man" bought by my Dad brand new in 79, customized in 80 with Vetter, Standard tank, and touring seat. I inherited in 02 when Dad passed. Been riding it since 09. No resto, bike is a survivor...

2007 RoadStar 1700 Midnight Silverado "The Black Pearl" Cobra Slash-downs, K&N filter. More mods to come

old:
          1989 kawi ex500
          1996 yzf-r6
          1999 yzf-r1
          2001 kawi zx-6r
          2000 Ducati 748
          2002 YZF-R1
          2005 V-Star 1100 Classic

Comment

hahahaha!!! We left a gas station once on the way to the beach, and my side stand is a little sticky and I didn't fully get it to its... upright and locked position you might say.
            Took a left out of the station and heard it wack the ground. My buddy behind me about wrecked laughing @ me as I'm riding down the hwy trying to kick the thing up without putting my foot on the ground we had to pull over so I could get it up.....
            Think we've all done that...........several times...........a day on these scoots.........cept for the XJ.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
              ............on a left..........that be your side-stand that'll throw sparks.............

Both my XJ and my Special grind footpegs before anything else. The XJ will lean far enough to where the footpeg flips up and smashes my foot against the motor. Far enough that I've scraped the screws on the bottom of the heat shield.

Think we've all done that...........several times...........a day on these scoots.........cept for the XJ.

Some of us have cut those wires to the safety switch.. so yeah, some of us on XJ's do this also. lol.
              Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
              '06 Suzuki DR650
              *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
              '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
              '81 XS1100 Special
              '81 YZ250
              '80 XS850 Special
              '80 XR100
              *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                Both my XJ and my Special grind footpegs before anything else. The XJ will lean far enough to where the footpeg flips up and smashes my foot against the motor. Far enough that I've scraped the screws on the bottom of the heat shield.

Some of us have cut those wires to the safety switch.. so yeah, some of us on XJ's do this also. lol.
                Bragging or complaining here?
                2-79 XS1100 SF
                2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

LOL.....he scrapes things on guardrails and barrow pits too. Hell, he's the only person I've actually seen ROLL a motorcycle.
                  Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post

Ill advised to make practice of that on a Venturer or Standard not having the leading front axle or shorter 16in. wheel...........BTDT and the scuff scars still exist.........30yrs. ago....good thing 'ignorance is bliss'........

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                      LOL, he's the only person I've actually seen ROLL a motorcycle.
                      Are you sure he wasn't just rassling it to the ground?.....
                      Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                      '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                      '82 XJ rebuild project
                      '80SG restified, red SOLD
                      '79F parts...
                      '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                      '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                      '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                      '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                      Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                      Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

It could be. Tod wrestled hard and kicked it away and both of them rolled down the road but in the end Tod was still on top. That's the first time I've seen someone roll down the road at 50MPH and land on their feet too.

He had to ride home 200 miles with only one footpeg though.
                        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                        X