Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this is the Proof that the XS11 is not a Cruiser..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is the Proof that the XS11 is not a Cruiser..

my Trip to Calistoga........you aint calling her Special for nothing......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfuHQ...ature=youtu.be
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfuHQ...ature=youtu.be

Pffft.........nice road but why didn't the tripple tree never move? I didn't see the handlebars move one way or the other the whole video.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
      Pffft.........nice road but why didn't the tripple tree never move? I didn't see the handlebars move one way or the other the whole video.
      i dont know what you mean....have you heard the word "counter steering"?

Comment

Relax cowboy. I'm just sayin', if you look at the handlebars in relation to the rest of the bike they don't seem to move at all. Might just be the way the camera is mounted.

And yes, I have heard of counter steering. I've been riding all of your life.

If you don't think the XS is a cruiser your missing out though.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Relax cowboy. I'm just sayin', if you look at the handlebars in relation to the rest of the bike they don't seem to move at all. Might just be the way the camera is mounted.

And yes, I have heard of counter steering. I've been riding all of your life.

If you don't think the XS is a cruiser your missing out though.
          yes, the camera was mounted on the handle bar w/ a little extension to it, i goes along w/ the headlight and the whole triple tree....

Comment

Greg, quite picken on the boy, he ain't been where we have been with an XS and most likely has a lot to learn yet. Give him time.
            The Old Tamer
            1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Tamer View Post
              Greg, quite picken on the boy, he ain't been where we have been with an XS and most likely has a lot to learn yet. Give him time.

OK.........
              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Actually I think he is right about the camera mounting, it just does not show the triple tree moving because it is mounted to it. Not a bad video though. If you do one like that Greg, please turn the camera around though and show the road, not your face. There may be small kids on the puter watching Utube and we don't need them having nightmares.
                The Old Tamer
                1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

No sense in shielding them from reality. Sooner or later they'll turn a corner and there I'll be. Better to ease them into it.
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

In the first video at @ 3:08, 3:15, 3:25 and 3:40.... is that a police helicopter or a bug on the lense?
                    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                    '06 Suzuki DR650
                    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                    '81 XS1100 Special
                    '81 YZ250
                    '80 XS850 Special
                    '80 XR100
                    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Tamer View Post
                      Actually I think he is right about the camera mounting, it just does not show the triple tree moving because it is mounted to it. Not a bad video though. If you do one like that Greg, please turn the camera around though and show the road, not your face. There may be small kids on the puter watching Utube and we don't need them having nightmares.
                      Forgive me Big Boys for being so cocky,, i dont mean to be rude,,,,ohh and i also have 2 camera one showing the front and the other of course facing on me..

Last edited by JeruelB; 05-06-2012, 09:08 PM.

Comment

That's near my old neck of the woods . You should shoot over the 3
                        HTML Code:
                        p
                        7 and hit point reyes some of the best back roads around . I tried to watch your vie but I couldn't stand the sound track . Next time I want to hear the bike
                        91 kwaka kz1000p
                        Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

- - - And yes, I have heard of counter steering. I've been riding all of your life. - - -
                          Hi Greg,
                          you've been countersteering ever since you transitioned off your kiddy tricycle.
                          And so has everyone who rides a single tracked vehicle. Even those who deny that the phenomenon exists.
                          Fred Hill, S'toon
                          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
                            In the first video at @ 3:08, 3:15, 3:25 and 3:40.... is that a police helicopter or a bug on the lense?
                            yes, you got good eyes..that Police Chopper was my number 1 fan...their just watching me...the road still not that exploited,, thats the reason why i love the place......

Comment

It's a UJM!

Hi Jeruel,
                              of course it's a effin' cruiser (Well, not yours with it's super-low bars and it's bumstop seat) but mostly an XS11 is the classic UJM, which can be whatever it wants to be.
                              Young fellows can burn up the blacktop on it.
                              Middle aged guys can load up the hardbags with stuff and cruise off to the four corners of the country on it.
                              Morons can hardtail it.
                              Fat old farts can even strap a sidecar on it because they ain't got the bottle to ride it solo.
                              Mind you, it'd take a real effin' hero to ride it on dirt, eh?
                              Fred Hill, S'toon
                              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                              X