Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carb Intake Boot Torque Settings Help!!@!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Intake Boot Torque Settings Help!!@!!

my 1980 xs1100sg back fires a little allso
    i just took gas tank to shop have it boiled out it was reeeely rusty inside

allso in process of cleaning carbs ive opted to leave the screws alone since dont have a tuneing device yet so i removed float bowls cleaned all the jets i was able to remove,

major problem ive had is that the #3 #4 cylender EXHAUSTS seem to having lean condition causeing them to glow like toaster oven coil while #1 and #2 side remains nominal

i havent started the thing since i notice the problem i allso removed ALLOT of the rush from the carb bowls,

and im going to replace the intake boots the ones that run from the engine to the carb

NOT the air filter boots,hope this well help fix problem with one side engine getting to hot or exhausting too hot for my likeing

so now im at a stopping point, HOW MUCH TORQUE DO I PUT ON THE ALLEN BOLTS WHEN I INSTALL THE NEW INTAKES ITS NOT IN THE CLYMER MANUAL ANY WERE,

part#'s for the intake boots

2H7-13596-00 TWO PARTS
    2H7-13586-00 TWO PARTS

APPRECIATE A RESPONSE thanks

Tim

Carbs

Dont put those carbs back on . From what i read you didnt take the top off and pull the vacume slides out , then you need to remove the emulsifaction tubes. If there was rust in the tank those need to come out , You take the jet in the bottom middle out and push or lightly tap the tubes up towards the top of the carbs. Careful putting them back in,hope line up the spline so they will slide in right.I think about 6 ft lbs would do on the manifold hth .........MITCH
    Doug Mitchell
    82 XJ1100 sold
    2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
    2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
    1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
    47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Re: Carb Intake Boot Torque Settings Help!!@!!

Originally posted by lasvegas

so now im at a stopping point, HOW MUCH TORQUE DO I PUT ON THE ALLEN BOLTS WHEN I INSTALL THE NEW INTAKES ITS NOT IN THE CLYMER MANUAL ANY WERE,

Tim
      7 foot pounds.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

carb parts complete list ?

i see no mentioning of a emulsification tube in this exploded view of the carbuerators or vacume slide??

any one else have clyer manual xs1100 4ours 1978-1981

#M411

the exploded view is on page 147 chapter 6

and it shows 60 diff individual parts

Comment

The tube is item # 17. It's called the main screw. Clymer manual. chapt 6 p 147 fig 12. Also see pg 149 pic # 23 Called main nozzle

Comment

OR try this

Go to the forum front page
            scroll down to the maintenance section
            click on carbouraters
            click on Blaines XS11 carb FAQs
            I think this might help you a lot as it shows a pic of the tube in Question ...MITCH
            Doug Mitchell
            82 XJ1100 sold
            2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
            2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
            1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
            47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Working...
            X