Mission Creep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lonerider62 View Post
    Those off the shelf rattle-can sprays have come a long way and now you have your option of what kind of paint you want. If you get the surface good and clean and roughed up propperly they will last a long time. I just did both of mine about a couple months ago but I did mine during a new tire change so my rubber was off when I did it. It made it a bit easier with the tires off the rims. I think they look better than they did brand new.
    I've been prowling the Auto Parts and hardware stores looking for something..., Rust Oleum doesn't keep it's gloss long outdoors, not sure how durable Krylon is, etc. I frequent O Reilly's and they just didn't have many options. Stopped at the local Advance Auto parts and they have the biggest selection by far. I may pick up a can of Acrylic enamel for the frame touch-up
    1970? Honda Z50... gone
    1974? Yamaha 100 Enduro... gone
    1974 Honda CB200... gone
    1981 Yamaha Virago 750... gone
    1993 Honda Shadow 1100... gone
    2008 Honda VTX 1800F
    1982 Yamaha XJ1100J w/850 final, Raptor ACCT
    1979 Yamaha XS1100SF "Chewey" Raptor ACCT

http://www.johnsoldiron.com

Comment

Originally posted by WSL91 View Post
      I've been prowling the Auto Parts and hardware stores looking for something..., Rust Oleum doesn't keep it's gloss long outdoors, not sure how durable Krylon is, etc. I frequent O Reilly's and they just didn't have many options. Stopped at the local Advance Auto parts and they have the biggest selection by far. I may pick up a can of Acrylic enamel for the frame touch-up
      Duplicolor is your best bet. Durability hard to beat.
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by James England View Post
        If you're offering accommodation and food for a two week holiday in California, I'd like to volunteer to come over and tell you your wheels are 'girly'. But only thump me once, deal?
        How about a burger & fries, use of my shower, and a ride to Santa Cruz to hobnob with DiverRay?
        "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

Working...
        X