front MC rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front MC rebuild

hi everyone, been a while since i've been on...anyway, i'll be draggin my 1980 special out of storage shortly. i know it will need a front mc rebuild. the one shown on mikesxs (part# 08-0204) says it will fit 1100's 79-81 but it doesn't say if that is for standard or specials. is there is difference?
    also has anyone ever used the whole mc assembly for an 1100 from mikes part#08-0265 which says::: Master Cylinder Assembly - 16mm bore. - Recommended for late dual disc Front
    brakes on 1977-84 XS650's or single front disc brake (1972-76 650's). Yamaha
    OEM type. Complete with brake lever, brake light switch, banjo bolt and washers.Mirror mount has Left Threads
    any info appreciated,
    thakns
    redbone
    testing 1-2-3

1980 1100 mns

The Mike's rebuild kit is correct for your master cylinder. (Special or standard)

I haven't tried it, but I believe the master cylinder you're considering is correct as well.

While you're at it, be sure to rebuild the calipers. 2G2-W0047-00-00 CALIPER SEAL KIT
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

The kit will fit.

The standard MC mount is fairly level with the reservoir and the special has an angled mount because of the buckhorn handlebars. That MC looks to be a level mount.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

thanks guys, and yes the calipers will get rebuilt as well. they are already ripped apart.
        redbone
        testing 1-2-3

1980 1100 mns

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
          The kit will fit.

The standard MC mount is fairly level with the reservoir and the special has an angled mount because of the buckhorn handlebars. That MC looks to be a level mount.
          You would want to ditch those wheel barrow bars anyway, right?
          Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
            You would want to ditch those wheel barrow bars anyway, right?
            HEY! I like the buckhorns. I personally found the standard bars uncomfortable. I've got some CB750 bars on my project bike we'll see how those are but I've got another set of buckhorns standing by.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

You are made for playing foosball with no pain...
              Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Originally posted by skids View Post
                You are made for playing foosball with no pain...
                Caused some pain to the other teams back in the day.
                Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
                X