my build so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnRay View Post

Just another pic of the bike. Not much as far as an update. I'm going to start the sheet metal here shortly
    looking good a real beefy cafe racer, i like it. and love the old trucks!!!!
    xs1100 hartail bobber

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...-38-36_563.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Nightengale View Post
      keep up the good work, looks good so far. are you making your own seat? there is a video on you tube of a guy that builds his own cafe seat on a xs1100. you should check it out. keep the pics coming
      This the guy you are talking about?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT31eNdQaEI
      1980 XS1100G
      -4:2 exhaust
      -Pods
      -Who knows what the future holds..

Comment

Originally posted by New2Me View Post
        This the guy you are talking about?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT31eNdQaEI
        thats the one
        xs1100 hartail bobber

Comment

Metal work is done. Now it's broken down for paint.

Comment

lookin good

lookin good keep it up
            xs1100 hartail bobber

Comment

nice shop and nice bike...you have any links where you got the micro switches? did you put a diff blinker control on or use the stock one? any help would be appreciated.

Comment

i def like the micro switch idea...how did you do that? i would like to try my hand at it...
                79 XS11 special "Loki" - homemade 4-2 exhaust, pod filters, rebuilt forks with progressive springs, tkat fork brace, progressive shocks, rebuilt all brakes and MC's, rebuilt carbs with #142.5 main and #42.5 pilot, a custom front and chin fairing, and a handmade set of saddlebags....

09 YZF-R1 " Toothless"

04 Buell XB12R "Butterfly"

"I had a name at some point, a birth-name, but now everyone just calls me Wolf...."

Wolf
                Moto Militia MC

Comment

what about the left side, the high beam turn signal and horn switches?
                  79 XS11 special "Loki" - homemade 4-2 exhaust, pod filters, rebuilt forks with progressive springs, tkat fork brace, progressive shocks, rebuilt all brakes and MC's, rebuilt carbs with #142.5 main and #42.5 pilot, a custom front and chin fairing, and a handmade set of saddlebags....

09 YZF-R1 " Toothless"

04 Buell XB12R "Butterfly"

"I had a name at some point, a birth-name, but now everyone just calls me Wolf...."

Wolf
                  Moto Militia MC

Comment

Yep, definitely wanna try the micro switches on my bike.

1978 XS1100E

Dyna Coils
                    K&N Filter
                    16'' Rear Wheel
                    4-1 Exhaust
                    Kerker Muffler
                    Firestone Deluxe Champion Tires
                    Custom Seat and Fender

Comment

bike is looking good, it seems you have every man's dream shop.
                      80 MNS; 81 Venturer

Comment

I bought thw micro switches online. The right is start and right turn signal. The left is horn and left turn signal. I'll post the wiring diagram when I get home later. All I did was drill into my bars and run the wiring through. I have some pics of the paint as well. It's Ford frozen white with GM stealth grey coves and racing stripe with a silver Pearl over it all.

Comment

I couldn't find the diagrams I drew for the microswitches. All I did was wire them into some relay switches and went to the normal circuits from there though.

Here's a pic after my first coat of clear I just sprayed though.

Comment

Here's the final paint. I silver leafed the Yamaha emblem on the side. I was going to airbrush it but I think it turned out better this way. You also can't tell but I have 6 coats of silver Pearl in their as well. I think I might pin stripe around the cove and emblem. Haven't decided yet. What y'all think?

Comment

Looks sweet! Always good to see someone who likes to make a bike their own. I love the tank. I'm getting ready to paint mine but haven't decided what I want to do yet. I have metallic bronze to use, but it's a big XJ tank so I need to break it up some. I will probably do white or black stripes down the center, can't figure out what to do on the sides. Did you relocate your gas cap?
                              "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Comment

Very nice! Well done!
                                Nathan
                                KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                                K&N Filter
                                #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                                OEM Exhaust
                                ATK Fork Brace
                                LED Dash lights
                                Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                                SS Brake Lines
                                Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X