my build so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my build so far

I posted these in the members lounge. Sorry still finding stuff on the site. But here's mine so far. It's a cafe project and an 80 1100g

What I started with basically I have the tank and seat pan but I think I can only save the pan.

The rotors on the mil/dividing head.

cutting new brake pistons on the lathe

After alot of elbow grease and time.

What it looks like today. Clubmans will be in tomorrow and I have just about everything to finish the front end.

build

Nice build keep us posted on your work. Looks good so far keep up the good work.

Comment

like the progress...cafe the way
      _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
      1980 gs1000g "stock"
      1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
      2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

Looks awesome man! Can't wait to see the finished product.

I had clubs on my XS11 cafe bike, and if I had it to do over again, I would go with straight up clip-ons. The clip ons will allow you to drop the bike further in the triples, and get more aggressive handling. Plus, they look cooler!

Keep it up!
        Healthy is merely the slowest rate at which you can die

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

nice so far

keep up the good work, looks good so far. are you making your own seat? there is a video on you tube of a guy that builds his own cafe seat on a xs1100. you should check it out. keep the pics coming
          xs1100 hartail bobber

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...-38-36_563.jpg

Comment

Yes I'm building my own seat. Actually that's probably the same video that made me decide to build my own. That and the price of cafe seats.

Comment

price

Originally posted by JohnRay View Post
              Yes I'm building my own seat. Actually that's probably the same video that made me decide to build my own. That and the price of cafe seats.
              i hear ya i have been looking for one for my wifes bike, then i saw that video and i am gonna do the same. the cool part about doing it yourself is that you can make it the way you want, to fit your bike.
              xs1100 hartail bobber

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/...-38-36_563.jpg

Comment

yes i'm going to french in some led lights for the brake light in the back and run 60's style bmw turn signals out the bars.

Comment

update

how are things coming along any pictures of your changes, love the fact that your making your own pistons for the brake calipers.
                  Even a blind monkey gets the odd banana.

1979 XS 1100 special (been down the PO trail and it was messy)

Comment

Here's a pic of the handlebars and everything on it. I've rrbuilt the carbs and started on electrical too along with other projects I've had going on.

Comment

Comment

Well I've been wiring. Here's the micro switches in the bars. That's ignition and right turn signal switch

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRay View Post
                          Well I've been wiring. Here's the micro switches in the bars. That's ignition and right turn signal switch
                          I was looking at the picture and thinking "Where???". It must be the silver buttons embedded in the bar? Cool trick.

It looks like a fun shop to hang out at! It looks like there are too many tools and toys for it to be just a hobbies workshop.
                          '81 XS11H Venturer - holed up in storage while life happened since 07/08/04
                          '81 Kawasaki KE175 enduro - 63 mph of smokey fun, now with collector plates!

Comment

Yes it isto the littlemost buble looking thingsat on thethe bars. i wanted to clean the bars up as much as possible so that meant getting rid of igly switches and running the wires inside the bars.
                            Well here's the lighting testing

You can also see the bar end turn signals. They're for both front and rear signals. I thought they were pretty slick.

Comment

Just another pic of the bike. Not much as far as an update. I'm going to start the sheet metal here shortly

Comment

Working...
                              X