X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres a pic of my beauty.

Mike Giroir
    79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
      There is a pic thread over in the members lounge.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11278
      That was started in 06, doesn't hurt to have more than one does it??!

Originally posted by TADracer View Post
      Heres a pic of my beauty.

And a beauty she is!
      81 XS1100H

Comment

Easier to have one common thread, start date doesnt really matter either. I say it should ve a sticky over there but it just floats around and gets bumped every couple months.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

60 pages, plus it does make a difference, a lot of post no longer have pictures due to expiring host accounts. Not to hijack a nice thread or argue pointlessly but, it's kinda like the old "someone asked that question already" complaint. Unless the Mods have an issue, I say I'll enjoy viewing a new thread with a lot of new members and old members with new changes to their bikes.
          81 XS1100H

Comment

A lot of the external links are dead for pix of bikes. You're right, it makes nice reading to see new pix anyway, or repeats of old pix or whatever, in a new thread. Here's mine again....any excuse...

XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Whoa...James...SWEET! Never seen tires like that. Avon Roadrunners? Did you detail the letters yourself? What sizes?
              Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

Originally posted by DAVINCI View Post
                Whoa...James...SWEET! Never seen tires like that. Avon Roadrunners? Did you detail the letters yourself? What sizes?
                The tyres (and the tires) and readily available here in the UK and are a perfect fit for the standard bikes. Front is Avon AM26 100/90/19. They are both Avon Roadrider. I don't think Roadrunners are made any more?

and the rear is AM26 130/90/17

Yes, I always do the letters myself with some shiny metallic flake gold paint (for Christmas tree baubles etc) and a brush. It doesn't take long and stays on the tyre for a very long time. Someone told me they hate it and that it looks daft but, when I fitted new tyres, I really noticed it was missing and I personally like it!

The rear tyre fits the swingarm properly and I've found they are a good long-lasting tyre which grip perfectly in the dry and which perform perfectly adequately in the wet (which I tend to avoid, more for the bike than for me)..
                Last edited by James England; 12-16-2011, 10:54 AM.
                XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Hi James

Love your bike! Is that a stock "style" paint job, or custom? Love the first pic, a mans home realy is his castle
                  Last edited by XS1100_OEM4ME; 12-16-2011, 11:19 AM.
                  1979 XS1100 Special (Mad Max, OEM) Current
                  1980 XS1100 Special
                  1990 V Max
                  1982 KZ750 LTD Twin
                  1986 700 FZR Yamaha Fazer (faster then expected)
                  1979 XS750 Special (my 1st Special)
                  1974 CB750-Four

Past/pres Car's
                  1961 Catalina 389/1970 Torino GT 351/1967GTO 12to1 comp./ Roller cam/ T-10/ 456 gear/Tri-power/1967 GTO 400, 1969 Camaro, 1968 Z28, 2001 BMW M Roadster 0 to 60 in 4.5 sec. Jaguar XK8

Comment

Gone but not Forgotten...

[IMG][/IMG]

SG, since on to a new owner....
                    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                    '82 XJ rebuild project
                    '80SG restified, red SOLD
                    '79F parts...
                    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Thanks All

OK, I didn't mean to jack a post that was started on the other forum But I have enjoied getting to see your bikes And, yes, the custom ones look great also. I have a new respect for how great the standards can look too It shows a lot of love and hard work went into your bikes, I think you guys and gals did a great job, thanks for sharing
                      1980 XS1100 Special
                      1990 V Max
                      1982 KZ750 LTD Twin
                      1974 CB750-Four

Past/pres Car's
                      1961 Catalina 389/1970 Torino GT 351/1967GTO 12to1 comp./ Roller cam/ T-10/ 456 gear/Tri-power/1967 GTO 400, 1969 Camaro, 1968 Z28, 2001 BMW M Roadster 0 to 60 in 4.5 sec. Jaguar XK8

Comment

1st XS1100

My 1st XS1100, WOW, was she a HOT one This is what it looked like after I let the Ghost Rider take for a spin (LOL)

Last edited by XS1100_OEM4ME; 12-16-2011, 11:39 AM.
                        1980 XS1100 Special
                        1990 V Max
                        1982 KZ750 LTD Twin
                        1974 CB750-Four

Past/pres Car's

Comment

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
                          [IMG][/IMG]

SG, since on to a new owner....

That bike looks identical to the red bike trbig has. Except his is an SH.
                          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by XS1100_OEM4ME View Post
                            Love your bike! Is that a stock "style" paint job, or custom? Love the first pic, a mans home realy is his castle
                            It's the standard Yamaha black, which actually has a very very fine dusting of gold flakes in it as standard. Decals are repro but standard in design and benefiting from being made of modern material (so thinner and easier to go under lacquer coat).

My home? Naw.... that's my outbuildings to keep the bikes in

Here's another one I had, next to my bro's Kawasaki ST1000:

Pic was taken in 1989 in Scotland. A year ago, my brother saw an advert for an ST1000 foir sale here in England. It was his old bike! When he sold it, it had done 95,000 miles. When he saw it again 22 years later, it had 35,000 on the clock, with the owner vouching for its authenticity. Embarassing for him when he was informed of the truth....
                            Last edited by James England; 12-16-2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
                              That bike looks identical to the red bike trbig has. Except his is an SH.
                              Probably not quite identical... this one has standard forks/wheels and Harley turn signals...

But it's tough to come up with anything really 'new'.
                              Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                              '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                              '82 XJ rebuild project
                              '80SG restified, red SOLD
                              '79F parts...
                              '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                              '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                              '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                              '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                              Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                              Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

79F ↓

79SF ↓

2H7 (79)
                                3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
                                X