NGK-VS Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry

Sorry, In the US of A, we appraciate even the dumbest of questions, and I ask many of them, otherwise, we would still be British, and then what would we do on the 4th of July

Originally posted by James England View Post
    How 'bout discussing the FD swap instead?

Really... the forum really ought to have a Quarantine Zone....... which members can enter at their peril to discuss repeatedly plugs, oil, FD swap and other similar subjects.

Hey! Why not suggest some subjects which ought, in your opinion, to be quarantined?
    1979 XS1100 Special (Mad Max, OEM) Current
    1980 XS1100 Special
    1990 V Max
    1982 KZ750 LTD Twin
    1986 700 FZR Yamaha Fazer (faster then expected)
    1979 XS750 Special (my 1st Special)
    1974 CB750-Four

Past/pres Car's
    1961 Catalina 389/1970 Torino GT 351/1967GTO 12to1 comp./ Roller cam/ T-10/ 456 gear/Tri-power/1967 GTO 400, 1969 Camaro, 1968 Z28, 2001 BMW M Roadster 0 to 60 in 4.5 sec. Jaguar XK8

Comment

I have answered, and re answered the same question after question, and many have done the same for me. If not, this would just be an arcive, as everything about these bikes has been discuessed at lenth before. That is not what this is about (IMHO) it is about comrades, sharing the same help to new and old comrades as many times as is needed to help a member. Thanks to all who have told me a story that they had told someone else who needed your help
      Last edited by XS1100_OEM4ME; 12-05-2011, 11:12 PM.
      1980 XS1100 Special
      1990 V Max
      1982 KZ750 LTD Twin
      1974 CB750-Four

Past/pres Car's
      1961 Catalina 389/1970 Torino GT 351/1967GTO 12to1 comp./ Roller cam/ T-10/ 456 gear/Tri-power/1967 GTO 400, 1969 Camaro, 1968 Z28, 2001 BMW M Roadster 0 to 60 in 4.5 sec. Jaguar XK8

Comment

Let me see, the very oil / lube, the life blood of all machine's spark plugs? the most importaint thing in the ing. sys., and of course, gas in the oil. Ever wonder why so many bring these up Because we care about someone other then our selves, we want to help save thier bikes As to the Quarantien Zone James England wants, I sugest we do that, and all self intrested people be exiled. sorry to see you go James Wish it was Bond-James Bond

How 'bout discussing the FD swap instead?

Really... the forum really ought to have a Quarantine Zone....... which members can enter at their peril to discuss repeatedly plugs, oil, FD swap and other similar subjects.

Hey! Why not suggest some subjects which ought, in your opinion, to be quarantined?
        1980 XS1100 Special
        1990 V Max
        1982 KZ750 LTD Twin
        1974 CB750-Four

Past/pres Car's

Comment

Err... I was only joking. I ranted on and on about the FD swap and bored everyone stupid, you see.

I agree actually with what you said re this not being an archive, more like a 'live help' facility. Also, searching the threads is a lot less interactive than posting a new subject and communicating with other members, which I find very rewarding. Plus it takes ages. Plus some of the threads are a bit incomprehensible at times. That's why I never respond with "search the threads" as an answer to questions.

Ever heard that the Brits call you our 'cousins'? The UK is inundated annually with our cousins tracing their heritage. And you say you're not British? (joke). Whereja think ya came from, coz?
          Last edited by James England; 12-06-2011, 04:36 AM.
          XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Aww, relax...we need a good oil/plug/tire discussion every now and then as everyone needs oil and plugs and tires. If you are tired of such threads, ignore them. If you need advice on oil or plugs or tires, read them.
            "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

And with all that, I'll add my .03cents...big spender... I prefer to use the stock plug, not necessarily because its the best, but because it is recommended. With that said, I prefer Champion plugs as an alternate, based on personal use, I know others have stated they would rather trade them for a yellow dog, then shoot the dog, but I've always found them more forgiving then most, if you don't have a perfectly tuned or oil burning bike. JMO
              81 XS1100H

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post

The younger generations as well as us baby boomers are or have become more accustomed to instant gratification...
                Mmmmnnnn..... instant gratification....

Sorry to take that out of context TC but my slightly warped mind found that funny..

Oh, and James. It pronounced 'cuz' not coz, unless you're Maori in which case its 'Cuzzie' or 'Bro' but never both as in 'Cuzzie Bro'. Thats only for bad comedians who dont know better.

For the record. NGK plugs and Castrol oil is all I've ever used.
                1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
                2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

+1 LoHO!........need a little entertainment and ribbing as it's to dern cold to ride rite now......least here for a few days as it was 4F this morning and a heat wave brought it up to 30F today.......30degrees for the ToyRun this past Sat. wasn't too bad as it was for a good cause...........you all down-under can make up for what us lite-weights don't care much to do at these times of year.......goes for youins' down south an Floridians too.....it's all good....
                  81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Iridium plugs .....

100% mineral oil......

Avon Roadmaster tyres.......

Mmm... a delicious recipe
                    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Politic's

With a metered response like that, I would like to nominate TC for the presidency of the USA. Smoooooth TC
                      mack
                      79 XS 1100 SF Special
                      HERMES
                      original owner
                      http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
                      SPICA
                      http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
                      IOTA
                      https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
                      https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
                      Frankford, Ont, Canada
                      613-398-6186

Comment

In the world of snowmobiles and 2 cycle engines Champion plugs can not be found. Decade after decade riders say the Champions foul and DO NOT clean out like NGKs do.

Comment

Very true mharrigton......
                          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Err... I was only joking. I ranted on and on about the FD swap and bored everyone stupid, you see.

I agree actually with what you said re this not being an archive, more like a 'live help' facility. Also, searching the threads is a lot less interactive than posting a new subject and communicating with other members, which I find very rewarding. Plus it takes ages. Plus some of the threads are a bit incomprehensible at times. That's why I never respond with "search the threads" as an answer to questions.

Ever heard that the Brits call you our 'cousins'? The UK is inundated annually with our cousins tracing their heritage. And you say you're not British? (joke). Whereja think ya came from, coz?
                            We are indeed cousins (U.S. Americans, Canadians and Brits) and we may argue with each other, (and I guess I should include the Aussies and Kiwi's in there as well, but let someone from the outside pick on any of us, and the whole gang will jump on them, as we all share a common ancestry, and know it.
                            Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
                            Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
                            Vetter Windjammer IV
                            Vetter hard bags & Trunk
                            OEM Luggage Rack
                            Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
                            Spade Fuse Box
                            Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
                            750 FD Mod
                            TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
                            XJ1100 Front Footpegs
                            XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Usa

James, I am truly glad that the USA and the British are friends I hope you and I are as well. Cousins and siblings will always pick on each other, but just let somone else pick on our cousins or siblings and see how we all stand up for each other, we have fought wars togather when that kind of thing happened I hope you don't count me out as one of your cousins, but I am Scottish, by the Sir name of Ross Still quite the patriot though here in the US. My great great grandfather George Ross signed the Declaration of Independence at great risk to his family and himself, and you might have heard of anouther ancester of mine Betsy Ross. All in all, isen't it funny that we now ride japenase bikes and I drive a BMW and a Jauguar? It just goes to show, it way better to get along, then to bring our boys back in boxes, May God bless us all

1980 XS1100 Special
                              1990 V Max
                              1982 KZ750 LTD Twin
                              1974 CB750-Four

Past/pres Car's

Comment

There are many people in the UK who feel more of an affinity to the USA than the 'Europe' that we are supposed to be a member of (wilst, not, being the only member to retain our own currency). Call me old-fashioned but WWII was the acid-test of loyalties, as far as I'm concerned..... oops, I'd better be careful, I might become contentious.

Comment

Working...
                                X