berrymans and my ms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Greg,
    And I've been told it's even water-based, no nasty petroleum based toxic stuff. It's also concentrated and should be diluted before using it.
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

dilution? pinesol? etc

My own yammi dealer said NOT to dilute the yammi carb cleaner fluid ,, contrary to the instructions on the bottle. It seemed to work fine that way. I dunno.

I ended up graduating to pure Pinesol, four quarts of it pure in a plastic tub big enough to put the whole bank of carbs in, that works very well for me also, and hasnt damaged the seals. I read that only the PINESOL brand is the one to use, that fake pine cleaners may have wrong chems in them.
      Last edited by yamtom; 09-16-2011, 10:48 PM. Reason: forgot some of my words
      Bikes Now.
      80 MNS 11 pods,georgefix kit,stock jets, HD Sporty muffs
      79 XS 11 Special, Emgo pods, stock jets, with Pacifico fairing, hard bags, intact stock pipes Sold
      83 Yammi Venture with custom footboards, 20k miles.
      83 Yammi Venture parts bike

99 Valkyrie shield and bags 37k miles like new
      08 ZX 14 Kawa Ninja 6k miles Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Cobia View Post
        Yeah Greg,
        And I've been told it's even water-based, no nasty petroleum based toxic stuff.
        True dat!

I didn't try it undiluted yamtom but it did real well diluted on the varnish and gummy stuff. Corrosion you gotta work a little harder at.

I should give the Pinesol a try too yamtom
        Last edited by BA80; 09-17-2011, 06:58 PM.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Working...
        X