need a place to get carb to manafold clamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a place to get carb to manafold clamps

Hi folks I am haveing trouble finding the clamps that hold the carbs on the rubber manafolds any body tell me where to go the net has nothing make modle ,year, specific . and I am told it must be (MMY) specific.
    my bike is 79 xs1100 special mikuni bs34.

Mikes has 'em........http://www.mikesxs.net/products-40.html#products
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

i have some
      careful what you wish for.........you might get it

Comment

Originally posted by 1fasttrucker View Post
        Hi folks I am haveing trouble finding the clamps that hold the carbs on the rubber manafolds any body tell me where to go the net has nothing make modle ,year, specific . and I am told it must be (MMY) specific.
        my bike is 79 xs1100 special mikuni bs34.
        Make and model- specific, maybe. Not year though. They're all the same for all the XS/XJ1100's. The smaller models fit too, I believe, but don't quote me on that. There are 2 sizes to the set, so make sure you get the right ones.

In a pinch, you could always use a regular pipe clamp.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

I think Bug was suggesting the airbox side clamps are a different size than the intake manifold side. And that is true.

As he stated, all of the intakes on any XS1100 engine (or XJ1100) are the same and the clamps are likewise the same.
          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
          93 GSX600F
          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
          81 XS1100 Special
          81 CB750 C
          80 CB750 C
          78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
            - - - In a pinch, you could always use a regular pipe clamp.
            Hi 'Bug,
            no you can't, they are too effin' wide to fit nice.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
              Hi 'Bug,
              no you can't, they are too effin' wide to fit nice.
              That's why I said "in a pinch". I know, 'cause I've done it.
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
              -H. Ford

Comment

I threw away all of my stock and replaced them with worm-gear clamps (hose-type) clamps.
                Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

worm gear drive clamps

hay did that different clamps work haveing a devil of a time getting carbs to seal

Comment

I used two #7 hose clamps in series (daisy chained) per carb. They are just as narrow as the original, cheaper, and available locally. The napa part number is BK 705 1171. Just be sure to locate them carefully so that the inboard clamp head doesn't interfere with the throttle linkage.

Sorry about the blurry pic, cheap camera.
                    '78 E "Stormbringer"

Purrs like a kitten, roars like a lion, runs like a gazelle (being chased by a cheetah).

pics http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/...tormbringer45/

Comment

Working...
                    X