gas tank gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas tank gasket

I'am restoring my 80 mns and need a gasket for the lid on the top of gas tank any ideas where you could get one or something similar

if you do a search someone posted a topic not to long ago about how you can rebuild the gas cap using an automotive thermostat gasket.

<Edit>
    Ok, I went and did the search for you...
    http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...thermostat+gas
    Last edited by psycoreefer; 07-11-2011, 03:21 PM. Reason: added link
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

Comment

Or you can get a whole gascap http://www.partsnmore.com/parts/yamaha/xs1100/?filters[fitting]=custom. It's just like the original but it has a funky lock but you can swap yours to it and keep your same key.

15th part down on the page.
      Last edited by BA80; 07-11-2011, 04:40 PM.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I think the MNS has a gold chrome cap, so replacing the cap with a white chrome cap wouldn't work very well, especially since his lock would be gold colored in that which cap? Probably best off to go with replacing the gasket, which IIRC can be had from MikesXS (or used to be) and maybe other places sell the same gasket, since it's the same one for pretty much ALL the XS line (the gasket that is).
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

I think it's Part #20-0036

from here: http://www.mikesxs.net/products-34.html#products
          '80 SG with motor from a '82 XJ

Comment

The above seal that BidRed posted from Mike's works fine.
            80 SG
            81 SH in parts
            99 ST1100
            91 ST1100

Comment

Working...
            X