THANKS GUYS - She's BEASTLY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good looking ride there mate,
    i just love the look of these bikes with a solo seat, at any angle they just look right.
    Respect given for a nice looking ride.
    http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/DSC00009.jpg
    1980 XS1100 Std English Assembled, 378k miles
    In stock untouched contion.
    http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...e/seatside.jpg
    1979 XS1100F Std NZ new,
    Mikes XS coils
    Jardine 4-1
    Pod filters
    Harley Davidson Rear Fender
    Bullet signal lights
    Twin 75mm headlights
    Self made single seat

Comment

Thank you very much. I agree, with the solo seat they look right from any angle.
      '79 XS11 Special, fork gaiters, Uni pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, ditched the octy, solo seat, T kat fork brace

Purrs like a kitten, runs like a scalded cat

Comment

Nice lookin' XS, mean and muscular. Don't forget to check the cable routing before ya go for a ride. With the motor on, in neutral, turn the bars lock to lock and twist the throttle a few times in various positions as you turn them. Make sure there is no binding that will cause the throttle to stick or worse, pull the cable and cause revs to rise as you turn the bars. This is actually pretty common to have happen when replacing a cable and can end with unpredictable results.

If yer close to LA yer welcome to use my Carbtune and put yer world in beautiful, blissful synchronicity. Lemme know...

Did you do a basic bench sync before ya put them on the bike?

Comment

Originally posted by Shacknasty View Post
          Nice lookin' XS, mean and muscular. Don't forget to check the cable routing before ya go for a ride. With the motor on, in neutral, turn the bars lock to lock and twist the throttle a few times in various positions as you turn them. Make sure there is no binding that will cause the throttle to stick or worse, pull the cable and cause revs to rise as you turn the bars. This is actually pretty common to have happen when replacing a cable and can end with unpredictable results.

If yer close to LA yer welcome to use my Carbtune and put yer world in beautiful, blissful synchronicity. Lemme know...

Did you do a basic bench sync before ya put them on the bike?
          Thank you for that advise. I will thoroughly check the cables as you say from lock to lock. Thank you for your offer on the snych tool, but I'm in NJ. I did not do a basic synch first, but she actually idles quite nice already so I think I'm in the ballpark. I'm odering a synch tool tonight from a guy on ebay. As soon as it comes in I'll take care of that task
          '79 XS11 Special, fork gaiters, Uni pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, ditched the octy, solo seat, T kat fork brace

Purrs like a kitten, runs like a scalded cat

Comment

Working...
          X