No announcement yet.

Proud New Owner- Intro and Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You just posted those pictures to make us all feel bad. Not nice.
    1995 KZ100P
    Pods, jets, pipes, cam adjuster, oil cooler

1977 Ironhead - custom build
    Hot engine, custom frame, KZ front and rear, high torque starter, alternator conversion, Progressive shocks, Thunderheart wiring, Dyna ignition, oil cooler, Dakota Digital instruments, etc.

Sold all my XS's to Eastcoaster but still love to keep up with you guys. This is the best cycle forum on the web.

Comment

Sweet Deal.

I am also an XS noob. Got my bike about 3 weeks ago or so. Changed oil right away. Did my carbs this past weekend(also used 101) and took the tires off last night for some new ones. Going to regrease Final Drive while rear is off. Front is kind of a pain in the...you know what. Doing a brake overhaul possibly tonight or the next. Hopefully Saturday I will have her back up and running (praying for at least Sunday ). Ordered myself a carb SyncPro to get em to tip top shape. Love riding it. I rode it for about 2 weeks before I decided to get her cleaned up and riding like it should. Fantastic bike and what a great deal you got. I paid almost twice that for mine. Some things to look for that I've read about are, fork seals, leaky petcocks and make sure you keep the middle gear box oil up to par or you could have a serious lock up and not make it out alive(there is a dipstick you can make somewhere on here). I would get a manual and do a full service maint. before goin crazy on it. check/change fluids and oil and get new spark plugs. Looks like its in really good shape. Congrats on a bad a** bike and have fun, but most importantly BE SAFE

My advice is to read all the tech tips and keep up with any Forums that you are interested in.
      1980 XS1100SG "Black Mamba" 28K
      1979 XS1100F 33k (Current Project)
      1981 XS1100H "Blue Balls" (Crashed and under repair )

1978 XS1100E "Partsy"

Work Hard, Play Harder!

Comment

Working...
      X