tank vent leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
    still a lot of work, and you have to get all the gas flushed out of the tank before doing this so you don't blow yourself up!
    I realize that brazing or soldering is not the same as welding, but welding on empty, even "cleaned" tanks causes explosions.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

fill it with water

and no explosions.

john
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

I have found that after emptying the tank and letting it dry out I put a couple cups of denatured alcohol in it and shake it around good for a bit, dump it out and them put eater in it and shake then dry. Most of the time you can't smell gas at that point if you can do it again.

I have never had a problem after doing that, never had one light/explode on me.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
        X