850 and 1100 same brakes system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 850 and 1100 same brakes system?

anyone know for sure if the brake system on a 1980 850 special and a 1980 1100 special are exactly the same? found a place that makes a 4 line replacement for 850 special and wonder if they'll fit the 1100. biggest issue would be length and banjo angles i would think. any info appreciated.
    redbone.
    testing 1-2-3

1980 1100 mns

placing my order today for a set, i am fairly certain they are the same size, length etc from my rough measurements off my 850. if you want to hold off a week or so i will get them mounted up and give ya the final word though so you won't have any issues.

i have test fit the upper line and part numbers on the upper are the same, calipers are the same, splitter is the same but the pn on the lower 2 are different. rear rough measurement/appearance looks about the same as well.

nick
    Last edited by crazedfooter; 04-18-2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by redbone View Post
      anyone know for sure if the brake system on a 1980 850 special and a 1980 1100 special are exactly the same? found a place that makes a 4 line replacement for 850 special and wonder if they'll fit the 1100. biggest issue would be length and banjo angles i would think. any info appreciated.
      redbone.
      Same thing. Check here for part number comparisons and what other models have the same parts.

http://www.benefiscal.co.uk/partinfo...G2-25872-01-00
      1980 SG. (Sold - waiting on replacement)
      2000 XJR1300. The Real modern XS11. Others are just pretenders.

Woman (well, my wife anyway) are always on Transmit and never Receive.

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" Albert Einstien.

Comment

Working...
      X