No announcement yet.

miles per tank load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just checked my fuel consumption today with my vetter fairing added and ny 240 plus pounds ,i,m now getting 162 kms till the red light or 100 miles ,,so i guess its about average !! ride safe ,,,slow mo!
    The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
    moemcnally@hotmail.com
    i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Right on, Mo! Erm, what were you getting for mileage before you added the fairing with just your good self on the bike?
      -- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Phase View Post
        Right on, Mo! Erm, what were you getting for mileage before you added the fairing with just your good self on the bike?
        hi phase1 i was getting about 170 kms plus,, we will see after tune up take care and ride safe !
        The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
        moemcnally@hotmail.com
        i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Thank you, Mo, you too!

It's odd but my gas mileage actually decreased when I removed the Vetter fairing and rode my XS down the highway like Rocket J. Squirrel hanging in the wind. It came back up when I put the fairing back on. Oh well!
          -- Scott
          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

I went 114 miles saturday on my way back from Rining into History vintage bike show, did not hit reserve, not quite sure how far I can go. One day I'll take some gas with me and see how far I can go befor reserve and how far I can go on it.
            79 XS11

Comment

Popular thread

Thank you all for your posts, from what you all wrote I am pretty sure I am about normal. I get around 110 miles till the light comes on. I run like 9 miles to work, only like 3 stops on the way. Like to run tho. New plugs and all fluds
              Bike History:1980 XS 1100 special current bike
              1980 XS 850 special wife sold

Comment

Working...
              X