No announcement yet.

she's on the road at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! You could shave using that valve cover! All you guys that take the time like that, I commend you. My lazy ass just goes out and rides.
    Richard
    '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
    '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

Wow

Very nice! I just got my '80 G running yesterday after 2 years in the garage... I was discouraged by the rusty leaking gas tank. The PO parked it outside in 2003... But she is breathing again! It sounds strong! So I dug into the brakes - full of water - UGH... I may need a few more winters to make it look like yours!
      When the horse is dead, dismount.

Bagapotomus - '80G Attempted Rescue, '78 Engine, Vetter Bags and Trunk.

Comment

nice work !!

I know how much time you got in those covers .. lol ..
        1980 SG - "Blue Balls"

Complete Restoration - Finished June 21/2010

- 1179 kit
        - 80/81 carbs 42.5/115 mains with XS pods
        - Mac 4 into 1 exhaust
        - Venture auto CCT
        - progressive fork springs - no air
        - Mike's progressive rear shocks
        - Galfer S.S. Brake Lines
        - XSDirect - Black Coils
        - 8 mm S.S. Core Plug Wires
        - T.C. fuse box
        - TKat fork brace
        - Geezer regulator
        - Battlax BT45 V-Rated tires
        - 5W40 - Rotella T6 Synth Engine Oil
        - rest of bike is "good old Yamaha"

Comment

Originally posted by duds View Post
          Just thought I would post a few before and after pics of my 79 SF. 8 months of tinkering and shes finally on the road. - - -
          Hi Duds,
          nice job, I'm envious of your patience in bringing your bike from "worse looking than mine" up to "better looking than most"
          Great you got rid of that ugly hi-back seat although I'd have lost those rototiller bars as well, but hey! If you are warped by nature so they actually fit you, 'nuff said.
          And I'd have swapped in a Standard tank, too but with the price of fuel in the UK it'd be a stretch to fill it?
          Love the white horse in the background and say Hi to my sister Gillian Neale in Corsham.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by XSive Okie View Post
            WOW! You could shave using that valve cover! All you guys that take the time like that, I commend you. My lazy ass just goes out and rides.
            I have to agree. I admire the work some of these guys do, but I worry about the mechanicals, and having it look Ok, and making sure it runs good and is comfortable. Beyond that, any time spent on it that keeps me from being able to ride it is seen in my eyes as wasted time. Now, if I had a second bike to do that to while I rode by daily rider .
            Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
            Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
            Vetter Windjammer IV
            Vetter hard bags & Trunk
            OEM Luggage Rack
            Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
            Spade Fuse Box
            Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
            750 FD Mod
            TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
            XJ1100 Front Footpegs
            XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

ALways looking to expand the stable huh CY??

It sounds like a good reason anyway.

That's a beautiful transformation and you should be proud to be sure - hope you get a chance to show it off over there.

John
              John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
              '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
              Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Wow...........thats all ive got to say (Not very often someone renders me speechless either ) that is simply amazing
                Abe
                1981 XS1100H Venturer #458
                poor thing has about a dozen nicknames depending on the day we are having......lol

My Parents Told Me I Could Be Anything I Wanted.....So I Became An @$$hole

Comment

Working...
                X