#45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I don't know who owns Mike's XS. I heard a couple of first names is all. Contact info on the web site has not changed. I guess it's a work in progress.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

anyone ever order them from
        cyclebrakes.com.? they sell lines made by GALFER.
        testing 1-2-3

1980 1100 mns

Comment

Yes I have ordered from Cyclebrakes.com. I was very pleased with all aspects of the order. The lines are great and the angles of the banjoe fitting to hose is adjustable too which is a huge benefit. They shipped qiuckly and sent exactly the right stuff. I dealt with the by email and phone and am going to get more lines from them on future bikes.
          2-79 XS1100 SF
          2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
          80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
          Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

i bought the hoses off coastguard from ebay
            for under $90 delivered to aus,
            my sport i believe has the same master cylinder as
            the mns, u could order specific lengths of hoses, for the
            linked system u could order 2 lengths of hoses straight
            from the master cylinder direct to the callipers using a
            double banjo bolt attached to the m/c and a seperate single line
            for the rear brake system.
            pete

new owner of
            08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
            1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
            zrx carbs
            18mm float height
            145 main jets
            38 pilots
            slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
            fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

It wasn't "Mike"?

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
              I don't know who owns Mike's XS. I heard a couple of first names is all. Contact info on the web site has not changed. I guess it's a work in progress.
              I wonder if the new guy will be so judgmental about using the parts for something not an XS650...

John
              John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
              '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
              Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Not if he is interested in making money! Specially in the present economic conditions!
                2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

Cyclebrakes.com and XJ ss brake lines?

Rasputin,

Do you know if Cyclebrakes.com has a kit set up for XJ1100 Maxim? Been looking to upgrade without having to piece meal this all out for the XJ.

"Boy, I got visions, the rest of the world wears bi-focals!"
                  1982 XJ1100 Maxim
                  http://s1013.photobucket.com/albums/...maha%20XJ1100/

Comment

They do not have a "kit" but they will make you any line you need. I phoned them and talked to Ed who seems to be the go to guy there. He talked me through the whole ordering process, which for custom lines includes a diagram you get to make. The whole thing was awesome, they emailed me to confirm order, when it was made, when it was shipped, and follow-up messages. They were a bit pricier but if you want lines with no doubt that they will fit and work I highly recommend them.
                    2-79 XS1100 SF

Comment

paragon performance, got my ss lines for the xs850, the gs1100, and a couple other bikes from them, great lines, great guys to work with, will do custom stuff if your handlebars are different. 130 bucks is what i paid for front and rear. I just left a message with them since the xs11 isn't listed on their site (anyone know if the xs850 and xs11 would be the same) can't say enough about the product or the price.

dot approved and all that. haven't found a better deal yet.

Comment

Originally posted by crazedfooter View Post
                        paragon performance, got my ss lines for the xs850, the gs1100, and a couple other bikes from them, great lines, great guys to work with, will do custom stuff if your handlebars are different. 130 bucks is what i paid for front and rear. I just left a message with them since the xs11 isn't listed on their site (anyone know if the xs850 and xs11 would be the same) can't say enough about the product or the price.

dot approved and all that. haven't found a better deal yet.
                        thanks for the info crazed, just got off the phone with paragon. a decent price for all 4 brake lines. although they are not sure about the 850 to 1100 match they will do all they can to make it work. have to get mine removed and call them back. it would be good to know if the 850 and 1100 aRE the same.
                        testing 1-2-3

1980 1100 mns

Comment

im going to take some measurements when i get home off of the 850, might need a little help for the stock line coming out of the master cyl on the 1100 as mine has some aftermarket bars on it. (soon to be stock again)

Comment

Are the fittings on the lines something really special ....I was going to take my old lines to my local napa or bumber to bumber they (or atleast the ones around here) will cut lines to your desired length and put new fittings on it ....Redid the power steering lines in my 05 dodge cost me 40$
                            1980 XS standard With Pods and Harley mufflers

Comment

Working...
                            X