2. Upload photos from your computer to Photobucket
    3. Hover over image and click on direct IMG code to copy the photo
    4. Paste it in your post
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Just right.

Today I put on yet another windshield. This one feels about right.
      The Vetter was too big, the small National screen at about 15 inches high and 16 wide was too small.
      The new screen is about 17 high and 21 wide, it has a bit more shape and material lower on the screen. Will try the high speed runs soon.
      There is obviously more wind about than with the Vetter, but the bike is much nicer to ride with the excess weight removed. Plus it now goes straight down the highway, notwithstanding the usual wind gusts.
      I will use the smaller screen on the front of the side car when I get it.

Unkle Crusty

Comment

I've been REALLY impressed and happy with my Plexifairing 3 the I just put on my 80 SG. The winds have been crazy strong out here on the front range of Colorado (30-40 mph steady some days, with lots of gusting) the past month, and certainly for the past week and a half since I put on the screen. I can only detect a small amount of windscreen induced bike movement, definitely no more than if the wind or gusts were hitting me directly on the body.

Tracks straight and true up to well past "fast", and makes the ride a lot more pleasant overall with the added protection.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

P3

Originally posted by hbonser View Post
          I've been REALLY impressed and happy with my Plexifairing 3 the I just put on my 80 SG.
          I just had a look at a P3. It is a bit larger than the unit I now have, especially in front of the hands. The shape of the P3 looks much better than the Vetter I removed. I will build lowers myself and add small shields for the hands if I need them. The other big gain IMO, with yours and mine, is the weight saving over the Vetter.

Unkle Crusty

Comment

I rode a Standard one time with the Vetter on it, and I believe the Plexi 3 is every bit as good for protection if not better in some ways, without near as much weight as you just described. Plus, it comes off pretty quick, not so with any Vetter as far as I know.

I rode home from work for 17 miles in a steady rain today, and the only wet spots were damp shins from mid-way down, damp upper arms and shoulders, along with the outer fingers on my gloves being damp. GREAT weather protection, as I had left my rain gear at home, believing the weather man that the rain wasn't coming 'til later in the evening.

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Plexi 3 as I've had a chance now to really give it a try in the rain. If I had my rain gear, waterproof gloves, etc, I could have kept riding and have no concerns about getting "wet".
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Ok, now that I'm photobucket enabled vs photobucket challenged, here goes...

First pic is the bike last summer, pre-plexifairing 3, taken with a good camera.

This pic is of the plexi-3 installed, taken with camera phone yesterday, with Laminar Lip from my Honda ST 1300 installed.

3rd pic from further away

Howard

ZRX1200

Comment

Love My Vetter

I have to say a word in support of my Windjammer V. I have had it on the Special since the day I acquired it and I have no "buffeting" or "wander". It is rock steady to 100 MPH and its weather protection is outstanding. I have also installed the lowers engineered for the V and noticed that the side wind forces generated while riding have been cut at least 50%. I have been biking for some 45 years and have had experience with handlebar mounted "windscreens" as well as naked XS11's and the package that I now run is superior to all of them for protection and the reduction of the side wind gusting effect. As a bonus, I get 35 MPG at 85 MPH. I know its heavy, I know that some people don't like its look, but I also know it works for me in all weather conditions and for temperatures ranging from 100+ to 4 degree F. For people seeking the ultimate 1/4 mile performance which the 11 is capable, any fairing is probably not going to do it for you. But if you don't like bugs, rain, snow, gravel or other high velocity projectiles impacting into your soft body tissue- I say- "A Jammer is the way to go"!

Comment

Working...
                X