X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tom clisham View Post
    Sorry, 12 pin piece. My bad.

Eliminate that cable!
    Follow it back, you will find a bunch of bullet connectors and a headlight connector most likely where that thing is plugged into the bikes wire harness. That is where the bikes headlight and turn signals hook up. It will be right about where the headlight bucket goes, right about between the headlight ears if they are still on the bike, or right about where they would be if their now there.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Yeah, like Cy said, you should be able to track that cable you had in your hand there back and either find a bunch of splices, or the same connectors I showed in that picture, just with pieces that connect to the wires that form that connector you had in your hand. If that makes sense.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

Just make sure that if you are removing/selling the fairing, that you keep that wiring pigtail with the fairing! Though you can make a new one, they are a pain to find OEM replacements for...
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
        X