Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XJ11 Carb (Mikuni BS34) rebuild instructions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ11 Carb (Mikuni BS34) rebuild instructions?

I'm going to be cleaning and rebuilding the Mikuni BS34 carbs on my XJ11 and would like to find a step by step pictoral of the process if it's posted online. I rebuilt my Hitachi carbs on the 650J thanks to a really nice writeup with photos and knew just where to look and what to do. If I could find that for these carbs I would be overjoyed.

Idears?

Thanks
    82 XJ1100 Maxim "hurricane"- DEKA EXT18L AGM battery , NGK BPR6EIX spark plugs, Green Dyna coils, Sylvania SilverStar Ultra H4 bulb, 139 dB Stebel Nautilus air horn, Home-made K&N air filter based on an original paper filter frame, new piston rings, Barnett Clutch Springs, SS braid/Teflon brake lines, TKAT fork brace, rebuilt calipers, master cylinders, new brakes, reupholstered seat, lotsa little things and so many answered questions here.

This thread should help. Check out the tech tips as well.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Thanks so much. My carbs are so in need of a rebuild.

Cheers,

Gary
      82 XJ1100 Maxim "hurricane"- DEKA EXT18L AGM battery , NGK BPR6EIX spark plugs, Green Dyna coils, Sylvania SilverStar Ultra H4 bulb, 139 dB Stebel Nautilus air horn, Home-made K&N air filter based on an original paper filter frame, new piston rings, Barnett Clutch Springs, SS braid/Teflon brake lines, TKAT fork brace, rebuilt calipers, master cylinders, new brakes, reupholstered seat, lotsa little things and so many answered questions here.

Comment

Welcome KA1J,
        The carbs on my J were the same way when I got it. But really, if you take your time disassembling them, then triple clean every circuit and jet with spray carb cleaner with its straw, you may be able to re-use even the bowl gaskets. Short pieces of metal guitar strings make good cleaners for those little holes in the pilot jets and the emulsifiers.
        1980G Standard, Restored
        Kerker 4 - 1
        850 Rear End Mod
        2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
        Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
        Automatic CCT
        1980GH Special, Restored
        Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
        '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
        Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Working...
        X