headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight

hello all its been a while. well got the bike the other day and no headlight working. been trouble shooting it tonight and have found that it seems no power to connections just ordered a reseve lighting unit but i am having a feeling that is not right.it worked for a bit but then found i had a bad blub so changed it and nothing. i will keep running it down in the morning checking the switch but i am asking do u guy have some additonal ideas or have run into it.
    1980 xs1100 sg.

Do a search for "head light relay"

mro

Comment

i can see off comes the tank and start checking wires to find that relay
      1980 xs1100 sg.

Comment

FWIW you can eliminate the RLU altogether.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Hey Devilschild: As stated bypass the RLU - your headlight will just come on when you turn your key on. The bike will still start up fine. You really "need" a headlight to be seen by the cages. If you want to wait for winter to try to track this down you can always run a 3 way switch from a local hardware store ($8 for a 10 amp one) running off you auxillary power. At least you'll have a headlight - low, high beam & off. This is what I have done & will dig into if this winter when its parked - at least for now I'm ridin and this works fine. I did the relay bypass too. - Dan
          '81 XS1100 LH - Midnight Special - been lookin' a long time for this one.
          1179 big bore kit, 80SG motor
          Rebuilt head, valves
          TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
          Tkat Fork Brace
          T.C. Spade Fuse Box
          Dyna Coils & wires
          Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
          ISO grips with stelleto ends
          4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
          Bridgestone Spitfires
          Tuned by Tinman905
          & a will to keep it.

Comment

My headlight went out the other night, took awhile but found a fuse was blown, not in the middle of the element, but where the element connects to the metal end, couldn't tell by just looking at it, take a short piece of wire and by pass the fuse, when the headlight should be on. Later 'Dog

Comment

Working...
            X