blind plugs on the intake adapters splitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XS1100 Newbie View Post
    If you check with your auto parts store for these vac. caps, you will find that some of them have caps that are about as heavy as the originals. Most of what you find are wimpy thin caps. I think it is Echlin that has heavy ones.
    +1 on that! The flimsy ones are a waste. Look for the bulky ones.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

High temp silicone plugs

I found some high temp silicone plugs at McMaster Carr. The are $4.66 for 25, I will let you know how they work. The part number is 92805K12 if anyone is interested.

Thanks for all your input, I thought the idea of connecting the ports all together very interesting but I think I'm going to try the silicone plugs first.
      Meteor3178
      1980 XS1100SG
      My mods:
      SS Brake Lines
      Takt fork brace
      Goldwing handlebars
      Progressive fork springs & shocks
      Blade fuses and fuseholder
      850 Final drive
      Vetter Trunk
      "the meteor lit up the highways"

Comment

Originally posted by meteor3178 View Post
        I was wondering if anyone had a substitute for the blind plugs found on MikesXS. - - -
        Hi Meteor,
        I just de-vacuumed my Standard tank gas taps and capped the manifold vacuum ports with Mikes plugs.
        If they don't stand up over time I will go back to "old faithful", a short length of automotive fuel hose with a ball bearing stuffed up it.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by meteor3178 View Post
          I found some high temp silicone plugs at McMaster Carr. The are $4.66 for 25, I will let you know how they work. The part number is 92805K12 if anyone is interested.

Thanks for all your input, I thought the idea of connecting the ports all together very interesting but I think I'm going to try the silicone plugs first.
          Well I have been using the silicone plugs for two weeks with one 600+ mile trip and no problems. I think I've found the replacement for the rubber plugs and they are less expensive then MikesXS. I just place a nylon cable tie around the bottom of the plug to hold it in place.

Thanks for all your input
          Meteor3178
          1980 XS1100SG
          My mods:
          SS Brake Lines
          Takt fork brace
          Goldwing handlebars
          Progressive fork springs & shocks
          Blade fuses and fuseholder
          850 Final drive
          Vetter Trunk
          "the meteor lit up the highways"