Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linked brakes

Hi
    Does anyone know the diameter of the plunger on the front master brake cylinder? I am replacing the rear brake on my xs with the linked braking system and am wondering if I could keep the original front master but only working on one disc. The xj has a ¾" rear brake piston while the XS has a ½" one. I am thinking that it maybe the same but opposite for the front.
    Keep revving
    Mike F
    Mike Farnworth
    XS1100 E & XS1100 Sport Project

I have just checked th XS11's front brake cylinder and it's 11/16", anybody know the size of the XJ11's front brake cylinder? The size should be moulded on the side of the cylinder.
    Keep revving
    Mike F.
    Mike Farnworth

Comment

Just did a quick check on the XJ, couldn't see numbers very well. Side next to handlebar has a '14' cast into the housing; a few other single-digit number further back look like casting date marks.

Could the 14 stand for 14 mm?
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Hi Jerry
        The numbers that I was looking at were the biggest ones there.
        I suppose it will be 14 mm as that would give pretty close the braking pressure as 1/2".
        Thanks for that.
        Keep revving
        Mike

<Just did a quick check on the XJ, couldn't see numbers very well. Side next to handlebar has a '14' cast into the housing; a few other single-digit number further back look like casting date marks.

Could the 14 stand for 14 mm?>
        Mike Farnworth

Comment

Working...
        X