Fork Diameter- 79 XS1100 Special Looking to use Clipon Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fork Diameter- 79 XS1100 Special Looking to use Clipon Bars

Hey guys, ive searched this site, the uk site as well as Google and Yahoo! with no luck, im looking to put slip on bars on my special and I need to know the fork diammeter under the upper headlight mounting sleeve. Im looking for a size clipon to by (40mm, 55mm) etc, If someone has a quick response that would be awesome, Thanks
    XS11.Com resident Black Sheep

The diameter of the fork upper tubes is 37MM, top to bottom, they have no taper under the headlight mounts.
    Last edited by bikerphil; 06-09-2010, 06:15 AM.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

be aware that clip-ons may hit the tank when you turn...I've not tried them but seen it mentioned.
      1979 xs1100 Special -
      Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
      Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
      My Bike:
      [link is broken]

Comment

ry the ones off of the early cbr600 models (F1 or Hurricane) as they will fit the forks!

Comment

You could also check out the Kawasaki GPZ750 bars from '83 - 87. Same diameter and have adjustable angle (up / down)
          also, you could slide the fork tube up a bit through the top clamps and perch the bars on top of the triple clamp to help clear the tank.
          Last edited by Eveready1100; 10-26-2010, 04:30 AM.
          79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
          Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
          *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
          *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

Working...
          X