engine scoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine scoop

i have to figure out the best way to fab something to hang this with. i already had to cut the ears down on it because the freakin kerker is too wide for the fairing to fit. i still need to trim a little more off. any ideas.

" She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
    8mm msd wires
    tkat fork brace...
    Fox shocks...
    mikes650 front fender
    led's gallore...
    renthal bars
    gold valve emulators
    vmax tensioner
    Rifle fairing

thats going to look nice when
    you finally get it mounted.

could you have two brackets come off the frame in front,
    with a plate coming across to attach the two together then
    attach it to the fairing, then a cpl of small brackets attached
    under the frame and near the end of the fairing.
    hope that makes sense
    pete

new owner of
    08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
    1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
    zrx carbs
    18mm float height
    145 main jets
    38 pilots
    slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
    fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

i have 2 exhaust type clamps that i bought to attatch to the crash bars that should take care of the lower sides but i think i will need a couple more somewhere???

i know ..... duct tape!!
      " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
      8mm msd wires
      tkat fork brace...
      Fox shocks...
      mikes650 front fender
      led's gallore...
      renthal bars
      gold valve emulators
      vmax tensioner
      Rifle fairing

Comment

Looks nice, where did you get it from? How much?
        '79 XS11 F
        Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
        Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
        GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Very Bob Jones-esque. I wonder if you could find a picture of one of his machines to get a better idea on the mounting - JAT.
          I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.

'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines

Comment

i looked at the bob jones ones closely... unfortuanitly they don't have kerkers and they sit up closer to the bike. my kerker is too wide where the fairing goes in.

79 xs11 standard
            8mm msd wires
            tkat fork brace...
            Fox shocks...
            mikes650 front fender
            led's gallore...
            renthal bars
            gold valve emulators
            vmax tensioner
            Rifle fairing

Comment

Originally posted by yamahansolo View Post
              i have 2 exhaust type clamps that i bought to attatch to the crash bars that should take care of the lower sides but i think i will need a couple more somewhere??? i know ..... duct tape!!
              Hi 'solo,
              duct tape is OK for mock-ups but don't stand up for the long haul.
              I'd locally reinforce the scoop in 4 places with pop-riveted on 20ga aluminum sheet with slots through for hose clamps. If the hose clamps will fit direct to the crashbar, fine. If not, run struts out.
              Fred Hill, S'toon
              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
              X