No announcement yet.

New bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one by the coils you are referring to is the headlight relay. Someone just bypassed it when it failed, so now your headlight will come on with the key instead of coming on after the engine starts. The relay is normally triggered by the alternator.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Check to dog ears on the front rim to see if the tabs are there. My 79's tabs broke right after the Peoria ride last year. I have the 81's front tire on my bike for now. Local shop wants 20 bucks to fix other things comes first.
      68 Honda Cl350 (sold)
      76 Honda Cb 400 super sport
      79 special (skull bike)
      79 special (parts bike w/title)
      79 special
      80 standard full dress (Sat 24 years)
      81 special (parts for now trying to get the title)
      81 kaw 750 ltd (sold to brother-in-law)
      80 650 maxim (fixing for wife)
      81 650 maxim
      81 Xs 650 special ( No title found in a barn)
      88 Zx 600r (Sold)
      01 Gz 250

Comment

Speedometer

exquized1 That was the first thing I checked, then pulled cable to check it and lube. If I can find a 80 or 81 speedometer to put on it, I would do that because I do not need a 160 mph. My bike will not run that fast and I know I WILL NOT run that fast EVER on two wheels. They do LOOK cool.
        bikerphil, that is what it was because the headlight comes on with the key.
        Catatonic Bug, you are right on that one also. Thanks guys.
        Got to get speedometer working because PO cut gas gauge wires off the tank and cut them out of the harness. Got new kits to put in petcocks, debating to put kit in octopus or take it out. Also need a tool box off a 79 SF, took one off a 79F and 80SG and they will bolt up but the side cover will not fit. They must have made the 79S a little different.
        Thanks Tom
        82 XJ DAILY RIDE
        78 XS1100E FIXING UP
        79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
        79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
        80 XS1100SG FULL DRESS BIKE
        82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment

I have seen this bike first hand and it is really a great deal wish all of us could be so lucky in having people knock on our doors wanting us to take a "free" bike off thier hands lol really jealous
          1982 xj1100j

Comment

Center Stand

Does anyone know if a XJ center stand is the same as a 79 special. Like in bolt pattern and length? I need one to change the tires and I have one on the parts XJ that I can use if it will fit. Only need to use it for maint. because of the 4 into 1 exhaust. I know that the Standard is too long.
            Thanks Tom
            82 XJ DAILY RIDE
            78 XS1100E FIXING UP
            79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
            79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
            80 XS1100SG FULL DRESS BIKE
            82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment

Sorry, wrong thread.
              2H7 (79)
              3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"