Different pilot jet sizes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dbeardslee
    replied
    Are those Jardines any good?
    I love mine. Excellent performance, pleasant growl, not too loud if you're putting around but you can make them holler when you hit the gas. You can still use your center stand (which you can't with all 4/1's), and you can also access the oil filter easily. The header pipes come off individually, so they're a lot easier for one person to handle alone. Can't use the spin on oil filter adapter with them, though. There had to be something .

    Leave a comment:


  • blade
    replied
    Are those Jardines any good?
    I have never had them before.
    It looks like PO cut the crossover pipe between the mufflers and welded the holes shut.

    Leave a comment:


  • blade
    replied
    Originally posted by CatatonicBug
    Not too shabby! Looks like a PO did some parts swapping and/or painting, but not anything crazy.

    Thanks, I am really happy with it. I picked her and a special up for $800. for both.

    Leave a comment:


  • blade
    replied
    Originally posted by dbeardslee
    You mean a 17", right? Should say on the sidewall of the tire.
    Yeah 17" that's what I said: I guess I didn't type it though lol

    Leave a comment:


  • CatatonicBug
    replied
    Not too shabby! Looks like a PO did some parts swapping and/or painting, but not anything crazy.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbeardslee
    replied
    You mean a 17", right? Should say on the sidewall of the tire.

    Leave a comment:


  • blade
    replied
    I measured the rear wheel, it is an 18".

    Leave a comment:


  • blade
    replied
    Originally posted by dbeardslee
    Sounds like you might have a 16" rear wheel. Here's the diagram for the back wheel on a '78 E, but it seems to me like there's something else you have to do to put a special wheel on a standard. Maybe someone who's done it will weigh in.

    Thanks for the diagram

    Leave a comment:


  • blade
    replied
    Originally posted by CatatonicBug
    Not really, for the '80 (LG) model. The '81 (LH) had a few things that were significantly different (linked brakes, swirly wheels, different calipers). Can you post a pic of the whole bike??
    Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • blade
    replied
    A private space for your group's photos and videos. Share, react, and relive moments together. Available on iOS, Android, and desktop. Free for new sign-ups.

    Leave a comment:


  • dbeardslee
    replied
    Sounds like you might have a 16" rear wheel. Here's the diagram for the back wheel on a '78 E, but it seems to me like there's something else you have to do to put a special wheel on a standard. Maybe someone who's done it will weigh in.

    Last edited by dbeardslee; 05-20-2010, 01:20 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • CatatonicBug
    replied
    Originally posted by blade
    HiCatatonicBug.
    I am not sure if the PO put the rear end off a different model or not.
    Is there a difference apart from color?
    Not really, for the '80 (LG) model. The '81 (LH) had a few things that were significantly different (linked brakes, swirly wheels, different calipers). Can you post a pic of the whole bike??

    Leave a comment:


  • blade
    replied
    Originally posted by CatatonicBug
    Looks like you have the brake rotors from a Midnight Special on there.

    HiCatatonicBug.
    I am not sure if the PO put the rear end off a different model or not.
    Is there a difference apart from color?

    Leave a comment:


  • CatatonicBug
    replied
    Looks like you have the brake rotors from a Midnight Special on there. I can't tell if the wheels are gold too though... The other black parts look like a MNS too. Is that a MNS? You don't have one listed in your signature.

    Last edited by CatatonicBug; 05-20-2010, 01:09 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • blade
    replied
    A private space for your group's photos and videos. Share, react, and relive moments together. Available on iOS, Android, and desktop. Free for new sign-ups.

    Leave a comment:

Working...