has anybody used this product and did it work for you?
kleem
Collapse
X
-
Is that the chinese pronunciation for kreem?I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.
'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake lines -
I haven't used Kreem, have used POR15. Was really impressed with the POR15. I believe it has a more elastic quality to it. It was easy enough to use. If I'd been paying more attention I'd have used the POR tank cleaning product too. It is a whole lot nicer to your tank and uses some of the rust to help prep the tank rather than beat it up like the acid I used did.
Good luck and take your time.Bothell, WA
1980 XS1100SGComment
-
For my money you can't beat Caswell Plating's phenol novolac epoxy gas tank sealer. Problem with Kreem is that it's chemical resistance isn't that great. If you run a lot of seafoam or acetone, it can deteriorate the lining. Not going to happen with Caswell Plating's stuff. It's like putting a plastic tank inside your metal one. Good stuff, and relatively easy to work with. Just follow the instructions, and make sure you've got bolts (with a little wd-40 on them) in all the holes when you coat.I think I have a loose screw behind the handlebars.
'79 XS11 Standard, Jardine 4/1, Dyna DC1-1 Coils, 145 mains, 45 pilots, plastic floats - 25.7mm, XV920 fuel valves, inline fuel filters, speed bleeders, Mikes XS pods, spade-type fuse block, fork brace, progressive fork springs/shocks, manual petcocks, 750 FD, Venture cam chain tensioner, SS brake linesComment
Comment