No announcement yet.

At my wits end with stuck enricheners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also sync the plungers so they open at exactly the same time. Makes for a smoother warm up.
    "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Originally posted by Winterhawk View Post
      Also sync the plungers so they open at exactly the same time. Makes for a smoother warm up.
      That's done automatically, with the detents in the rod. The set screws set into the detents in exactly the right spot for that purpose.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

hey Vassar

Hi,

I am near Auburn, glad to hear someone close by is on the list.

I would try the yamalube dunk if I were you. 12 bux a quart, use straight , no dilution, use a large coffee can, dunk half a bank at a time. Overnight minimum. Also, if these carbs are on the rack and it looks as if they are, there is only one of those enricheners that come totally out, the other three wont come all out, since the attachment to the rack stops it. I was able to get mine all working just loosening the other three enricheners up as much as possible to make it easy for the yammie lube clenaner to get in there. Some others are using pinesol mixed with a bit of antifreeze, to good effect, instead of the yammie lube cleaner... Just use the same time frame and dunk criteria for the pine sol I guess. I never did totally disassemble mine, but soaked, cleaned with hot water, then sprayed the canned caustic cleaner in and cleaned quickly with hot water. Dont dunk in caustics due to the seals being damaged on the throttle shaft and I believe, anything plastic or rubber will be damaged by dunking in caustic carb cleaner.

I didnt dissassemble mine off the rack at all due to being inhibited about getting all the throttle shaft parts back together looking like quite a puzzle.
        80 MNS , Georgefix pods , crossed fuel lines, no octy, inline filters, Daytona handlebar, custom seat, Hardley 19 muffs

Comment

Working...
        X