At my wits end with stuck enricheners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At my wits end with stuck enricheners

cleaned all the carb and when was done noticed the enricheners on all four bodies were not moving at all.....really stuck....have been trying PB Blaster...so far no help....will not move in....will not come out.....tried to boil them tonight, no help there either....any other things to try???
    1981 xs1100sh ( new project )
    1978 kz650sr
    God is great...Beer is good....people are frikkin crazy!!!

Sorry.. posted wrong place.

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

thanks trbig....never thought of the Yoga technique....LOL OHM....OHM....LOL....damn....no work either...O well back to the tool box
      1978 kz650sr

Comment

So are you saying the choke lever does not move? Or have you sepperated the carbs? How about a little more description of the situation.
        79SF
        XJ11
        78E

Comment

I guess what I mean is if they are truly stuck then TEAR DOWN TIME cause I promise you have more problems than just that.
          79SF
          XJ11
          78E

Comment

carbs are torn down...all that is left are these things, they say they are called the enricheners....they will not move, not in, not out....
            1978 kz650sr

Comment

So after the 14mm wrench unscrews the cover nut then they will not pull out? I think its picture time. Someone may have put non-xs carbs on there and we"re talking apples and oranges
              Last edited by SFerinTEXAS; 05-10-2010, 07:25 PM.
              79SF
              XJ11
              78E

Comment

Is it the part the choke lever rod moves or is it the little screw down inside the tunnel.
                Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                93 GSX600F
                80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                81 XS1100 Special
                81 CB750 C
                80 CB750 C
                78 XS750

Comment

have looked at all the pics on here....they are definatley xs 1100 carbs....will go back out to the garage and take some pics....the only thing I have not done is take the rack apart....never had to with any of my other bikes....but also the other bikes never had these things for a choke.....I know from reading other posts that these DO come out.....but mine will not....I do not know how long this bike has sat before I got it....but I can tell you that all holes for tuning ( IE fuel air mix ) have never been touched....title I have was from '89 and the bike had 5700 miles then....I got it with 22,000....he told me when I got it he never ever touched a thing on it other than to change plugs and oil and ran when parked....
                  1978 kz650sr

Comment

DGSXR: it is all the brass peices that ride with the choke lever....none of them will move
                    1978 kz650sr

Comment

http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/102_1764.jpg

this is what I am looking at.... had to find one on the forum...my cam not working either....go figure....anyways I have the small screws out...the slide out ( yes caught the bb and the spring....that was fun....LOL ) screwed out the 14 mm nut and spring on all four...and none of them move at all....got all of my parts....paint is set up for next week and this is my stopper....any and all help is appreciated
                      1978 kz650sr

Comment

Did you take the rod off the assembly? Once you get the rod out (watch for the detent ball and spring just before the rod falls completely out), you should be able to use an endwrench to remove the caps around those posts.

I've edited that picture a bit to add some details. The picture is actually of the XJ carbs, but it still pretty much the same for this purpose. The XJ doesn't have the detent ball/spring, and no hand lever, since the enricher is controlled by a lever on the handlebars.

If the carbs are all still together on the rack (still attached to each other), only the #1 carb will allow you to fully remove the enricher from it's hole. You have to separate the carbs to get the other 3 completely out. However, you should be able to get them loose enough to spray carb cleaner in and around them and watch it pour out the throat of the carb.
                        Last edited by CatatonicBug; 05-10-2010, 09:19 PM.
                        1980 XS850SG - Sold
                        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                        -H. Ford

Comment

I have never had those stuck before. If you pull the choke lever off (watch out for the small spring and ball bearing under where it passes through the carb body on no 1 carb) then remove the nut and rubber seals on each. I would then see if the slides will move, if not try heat. Spray with PB Blaster, let that dry then hit it with heat, then let cool a little and add blaster. Go back and forth sever times then try to move them.
                          Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                          80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                          93 GSX600F
                          80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                          81 XS1100 Special
                          81 CB750 C
                          80 CB750 C
                          78 XS750

Comment

Inside the front throat of the carbs is a large passage that goes to there. put some soaky in there also. Leave them upside down and let it soak for a while.
                            79SF
                            XJ11
                            78E

Comment

Beware if you pull the rod all the way out watch really close for the 2 bb's and 2 springs that give it it's indent. Pull it out slowly with a shop towel on the locations.
                              "We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Working...
                              X