No announcement yet.

Just joined the XS11 family.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are the 80g forks. The seals are 37x49x8/9.5 that is 37mm ID x 49mmOD x 8mm cup / 9.5mm with lip height. I just purchased a pair of BM seals from starcycle.com for $7.23. I also read a great tip from another member, for taking the forks apart. If you would like a step by step, please let me know.
    Larry
    1980 xs1100g mostly. "Adrenalize - the Yamaha I always wanted to be able to order"

Modified frame, side covers, seat, back rest, engine, carbs, airbox, hoses, headlight assembly, turn signals, mirriors, handle bars, grips, v rated tires, gauges, homemade 4-2 exhaust system, leather upholstery, custom paint including True Fire Flames air brush work. A 25 year dream realizied.

"It ain't braggin if you can do it" Muhammad Ali

Comment

Fork inflation

Hi Lorsien,
      the forks have very little air space inside them and only need low pressure. From memory, between zero and 27psi according to bike load and how hard you want it to ride.
      Giving them a shot of air from the tire chuck on your compressor will more than likely pump them way too high.
      To avoid possibly blowing the fork seals, take 'em up slow and easy with a bicycle pump.
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
      X