No announcement yet.

My "Rusty Hammer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean the two 1157 sockets attached to the mounting plate for the stop/tail. Are they pressure seated or soldered? Twist out I hope, but how?

I decided to ask here before I went all Mo-Gilla on it and jacked it up.
    BTDT, yep.

As far as HS, I am now thinking of using the red plasti-dip in the can and brushing it over my spades and the wires. Gonna give it a shot after seeing prices Friday for small diameters.

And still looking for the headlamp bezel assmbly and a trade for a port side cover that I have and that s a top slotted mount for one for my bike with side slot at the rear and the front for a top hole.

And last but not least, does there exist in any universe, the thread size/pitch/count for the bolts/screws on our bikes?
    '80SG 'Velvet Hammer'
    '80LG 'Black Velvet'
    "Friends don't let Friends go Fat"
    finitum non capax infiniti

Comment

I've had good success finding bolts etc. that work at Ace harware. Not always exactly the same, but usually pretty close. Any particular piece you are wondering about?
      1978 Yamaha XS 1100E "Monster" 2010-2012
      2004 RCM-50GL 2008-2010, Don't ask, don't tell (don't really know)

Comment

I just removed the fender and tail light from my SG and put on a fender and light from a SF so my sissy bar and seat would fit.

I have a good one just sitting, you want it let me know.

I'm your huckleberry...........

Comment

I'm your huckleberry...........
          roflmao, wtf, holding belly...

OK, Cool, we need to go grab a coldy.
          I'm loose Sunday, ride out or we can set a rally spot. Think about it.
          I'd forsure want you to see what I am working with here, another set of eyeballs always helps, heh? specially
          if it's first person.

That way, if there's no need for me to change fenders or whatnot, th parts may save a bike.

We can swap out some stuff, I bet. I have a good set of chrome air box covers and assorted small shyte.

If you can do it, PM me and I'll meet ya.
          Doc
          '80SG 'Velvet Hammer'
          '80LG 'Black Velvet'

Comment

I'm your huckleberry.........

Is a phrase used by Doc Holiday ( Val Kilmer) in the movie western "Tombstone".

You should know that DOC!

Comment

These little doobers

are what I need to replace.
              I figured out the rubber grommets don't come out but pushing on the wires showed this:

They are a crimp on brass mushroom that seat to a nylon button and makes the contact for the bulbs. Is there any place to get these? I figured they might come complete with wires or do I just find another socket and pop them out of that one and into this one?

TIA.
              '80SG 'Velvet Hammer'
              '80LG 'Black Velvet'

Comment

or do I just find another socket and pop them out of that one and into this one?
                That's a method I've used in the past with good results.

Comment

bolt sizes

Hi,

Regarding bolts, there is a guy on ebay selling assortments of chassis bolts for xs 11 s, they are used, and there are about ten pounds of bolts for about twenty bux including shipping. Also, there is a guy on ebay, selling motor bolt sets, allens only, in ss, for about twenty bux, he also put the sizes in the ad list so you could go from there in a sort of way.

If you strike out at that, Alma Bolt Company online, can find you any freekin bolt you can dream up. Look them up, and enjoy days of catalog surfing if your a hardware junkie. Nuff said. If they dont stock it, they can order it, but sometimes have to buy a whole box of em.
                  Bikes Now.
                  80 MNS 11 pods,georgefix kit,stock jets, HD Sporty muffs
                  79 XS 11 Special, Emgo pods, stock jets, with Pacifico fairing, hard bags, intact stock pipes Sold
                  83 Yammi Venture with custom footboards, 20k miles.
                  83 Yammi Venture parts bike

99 Valkyrie shield and bags 37k miles like new
                  08 ZX 14 Kawa Ninja 6k miles Sold

Comment

Working...
                  X