No announcement yet.

Solo seat mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the same thing. I just made a custom fiberglass pan and then shaved and glued the foam to the seat. Then i stretched vinyl over it and riveted it to the underside. This was my second attempt, and it was actually much easier the second time around. The first seat i made was for my cb650 using craft store foam. Not comfy at all. For my xs this time, I actually used the seat foam from my cb instead of craft store foam. Makes a huge difference. The hardest part about the whole project was stretching the vinyl to make it look good. Other than that i think the whole project cost about 45 bucks for materials. Not bad for a custom seat...

Comment

Seat Mod

So, I don't want to throw a bunch of cash at my cafe project - nor do I want to do a lot of cutting/fabrication. I live in the city and don't really have a great place to do much, anyway. My thoughts for a solo/cafe seat are this and I would like to know your thoughts.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joevmathews/7380468108/

What about peeling the cover back. Using a hotknife to shave the foam to the shape that I crudely show in the picture - to match the curve of the fender. You also have to chop a hunk of the fiberglass. Then pulling the cover back on.

Any thoughts or problems with this?

Comment

Working...
      X