No announcement yet.

Valve Shim help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, my bike is a 78 and I added it to my signature a few posts ago. Phil the first post on how to find the correct shims made perfect sense to me. Whats all the confusion for guys? Hah, just kidding I was confused a puppy with two peters jumping into this! Thanks for the help.Stainless steel sounds like the way to go.
    1978 xs1100

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy View Post
      Sorry, my bike is a 78 and I added it to my signature a few posts ago. Phil the first post on how to find the correct shims made perfect sense to me. Whats all the confusion for guys? Hah, just kidding I was confused a puppy with two peters jumping into this! Thanks for the help.Stainless steel sounds like the way to go.
      For future problems with other parts of your bike it would be good to find out if your bike is a G, or an LG or an SG. Including if it's a Special or Standard is usually sufficient. You can use your vin to figure out exactly what you have. There's a vin decoder on this forum I think.
      "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Comment

Originally posted by Yard Dogg View Post
        For future problems with other parts of your bike it would be good to find out if your bike is a G, or an LG or an SG. Including if it's a Special or Standard is usually sufficient. You can use your vin to figure out exactly what you have. There's a vin decoder on this forum I think.
        78's only came as standards, so it's much easier to know what he has since he has a 78.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Working...
        X