Error in clymer 11 manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in clymer 11 manual

Hey, not sure if this has come up before but I was re-building my front calipers on my SF today, decided to look up the section in my manual to verify I was assembling everything correctly and it shows the front caliper on the special assembled with the "o-ring" on top of the large flat washer that goes between the caliper and mounting point on the forks. That is not correct, I just looked it up on the yamaha parts fiche and the correct order from top to bottom is:
    nut, lock washer, caliper mount tab on the fork, Large washer, o-ring, caliper, small washer, head of bolt.
    1979 xs1100 Special -
    Stock air box/K&N Filter, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Bad-Boy Air horn, TC fuse box, Windshield, Soft bags, Vetter Fairing, Blinkers->Run/Turn/Brake Lights, Headlight Modulator, hard wire GPS power

Short Stack - 1981 xs1100 Standard - lowered for SWMBO.

Originally posted by fredintoon
    Goes like a train, corners like a cow, shifts like a Russian tractor, drinks like a fish, you are gonna love it.
    My Bike:
    [link is broken]

Oh, that's one of many we've seen, we should try to list them all in one place, maybe we could start listing them here then a moderator could compile them into a tech tip?

My favorite (not!) is the one in my 78 factory Yamaha manual. The swingarm pivot torque is listed as 76 ft/lbs. It's actually the LOCKNUT that gets 76 ft/lbs, not the shaft itself. DAMHIKIJK!

Comment

I noticed on page 61 Exploded View of the front forks has about 3 washers and spacers that my bike didn't have. It's not just cause it's a special instead of a standard either. Maybe I'm missing some things.
      "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Comment

Working...
      X