Uh oh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh oh

Well it finally got dry and warm enough in SE Michigan to ride the bike a little. And I do mean a little, cause about 5 minutes in, I hit the left turn signal and the tach, gas gauge, blinkers, and brake light went out. I still have the headlight and tail light.

Any ideas what I broke?
    Mike C
    Lake Orion, Michigan
    '78 XS1100E

Here I am! Where are you?

Originally posted by Fix View Post
    Well it finally got dry and warm enough in SE Michigan to ride the bike a little. And I do mean a little, cause about 5 minutes in, I hit the left turn signal and the tach, gas gauge, blinkers, and brake light went out. I still have the headlight and tail light.

Any ideas what I broke?
    Check your fuses bro'. There must be a short in the TS wiring somewhere.

Comment

I had the identical problem with my bike last year. I took my left side switch apart cleaned it, lots of corrosion everywhere. After that no more blown fuses, problem solved
      BDF Special
      80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
      Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Thanks gents, I'll check that out after work today.
        Mike C
        Lake Orion, Michigan
        '78 XS1100E

Here I am! Where are you?

Comment

Working...
        X