Kerker 4into1 95$ A good deal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trbig View Post
    Fred's idea wouldn't work if the Kerker is a double walled pipe. You couldn't get the metal on the 2nd layer hot enough. If it is, then even my idea of tack welding a rod to pull the dent out would leave the underlying 2nd layer still dented. It would help it cosmetically, but not functionally.
    Hi Tod,
    you are right, of course. Pulling a steel egg through a double wall pipe would only re-shape the inner pipe and you'd have to do it cold, too.
    OTOH, so long as the pull-through does work on a cold tube, it's only the inner that needs to be re-sized, after all.
    So long as the dents don't bother you, that is.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

the kerker on my bike had some rust forming where all of the pipes meet up . I didn't want to paint over all the good chrome so I sandblasted all the rusty areas and used vht silver exhaust paint to cover where I blasted , it's holding up pretty well so far , not a perfect match but at least it won't rust any more .

Comment

I AM SO PISSED!!!

I got the exhaust for 95$ ... It cost me 90$ for the shipping. And even worst, whrn I unwrapped it I discovered holes in the headers tubes where the connect all together. And It has some welding on it already. The welders at my job told me it was not fixable at this point. The muffler itself is in great condition but the rest is pure scrap.

I was looking all night for just the header for the kerker and I couldn't find any.

Should I send everything back and look for another kit or try to find another header?

Help me guys!!!

PS: since i tought about wrapping it with exhaust wrap I tough I might put some muffler cement where are the holes and wrap it. It should do the trick for cheap... What do you think?
        Last edited by Psychedelic_Max; 03-18-2010, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Send it back

Hey Dude,
          It seems as if was totally misrepresented, send it back and get a refund.
          1980G Standard, Restored
          Kerker 4 - 1
          850 Rear End Mod
          2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
          Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
          Automatic CCT
          1980GH Special, Restored
          Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
          '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
          Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobia View Post
            Hey Dude,
            It seems as if was totally misrepresented, send it back and get a refund.
            Yeah but a 4 in 1 for so cheap is a rare occasion. I'll try to get a 50$ back out of it and keep it. I think It a good option.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychedelic_Max View Post
              I AM SO PISSED!!!
              - - - - when I unwrapped it I discovered holes in the headers tubes where they connect all together. And It has some welding on it already. The welders at my job told me it was not fixable at this point. The muffler itself is in great condition but the rest is pure scrap. - - -
              Hi Max,
              you should hang around with a better class of welder.
              A skilled oxy-acetylene man with a small enough jet in his torch can fix just about anything.
              And you are f**ked for the shipping anyway.
              Fred Hill, S'toon
              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
              X