No announcement yet.

Warning, Defective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep...ditto on the leaks with the same filters. Left me stranded in a Wal Mart parking lot because of the amount of fuel I was losing I was one spark away from becoming a pop bottle rocket

Auto shops have some inline filters with the little stones inside. They work better

Rev Rick, don't those lawnmower filters only have a mesh screen inside I think they will catch the bigger chunks, but the fine stuff will pass on through.
    My heros have always been flat trackers.

Comment

I've used snowmobile, inline filters with good results.
      Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
      '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Yea you're right mastermoto, the lawn mower style filters usually do have mesh screen as a filter. Probably not the best filter to stop minute particles, hey but they don't leakRick
        Rev.Rick

What I ride now: 1980 XS1100 Special

What I used to Ride: 1980 XS850, 1984 Honda V65 Sabre, 1974 Honda CB750 ss, Yamaha YZ 480 (bored YZ400), Kawasaki 500 triple

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me! John Newton (1725-1807)

Comment

Lawnmowers are fine but.....

I don't ride one.

There's a dirt bike shop a couple of block from me. I get all my fuel plumbing there. Their filters are great, and they carry Tygon!
          XS1100SF
          XS1100F

Comment

IMHO, the best inline filter for these bikes is the Fram fuel inline fuel filter. It is metal, fairly small, wont melt, you don't need any clamps as the nipples are a tight fit (you could have trouble if the lines are old and not flexible), and are less resistant to flow than the tiny plastic ones. You will need to cross over from the right petcock to the left side and visa-versa.
            Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

I use the small metal Fram (yeah, I know...) inline filters on my bike. They are small enough to fit but big enough to give me plenty of filtering capacity (VERY important before I zapped the gas tank!).
              -- Clint
              1979 XS1100F - bought for $500 in 1989

Comment

Working...
              X