Fuel line / air line connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi graham
    I have a 81 RH. I guess the Oceania version of yours. Under my side cover is a schematic of the connections and routeing for the octopus. Will have a look and compare with the drawing on one of the replies
    Glenn

Comment

Still a work in progress

Glenn - thanks for the help, appreciate some confirmation when you've got time.

No time, domestic work, weekday work and a stinking cold have all prevented too much progress on getting the damn thing finished

Still yet to pull the carbs for the (XXX + 10) time and sort those float heights, clean (again) and make sure fuel doesn't get dumped into the sump with the oil (not nice).

Managed to sell the wierd and wonderful Sanglas last weekend though (more garage room) and re-wired the garage a bit to give me some power above the bench.... so things are definitely on the up.... just in time for my 2 weeks summer holiday....... looks like the XS will be ready for the cold weather
      XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
      Guzzi 850
      Z1000

Comment

xs

Hi Graham
        Know the problem. Working everywhere except at home at the moment. have bought a couple of to do bikes. An 82 standard an 80 H this week another 81 RH and soon a 78E.
        Guess I am asking for trouble timewise. Will have to ask my kids help on these because they consistently tell me I know nothing. I left home when I was 17 and my dad knew nothing but when I came back 3 years later gosh HE had learnt a LOT
        LOL glenn

Comment

Very excessive

Blimey Glenn - what a collection you'll soon have

I spotted a rather shiney 'E' in one of our national bike comics here yesterday for moderate money.... was sorely tempted...but resisted.

Mainly due to space and the fact that her indoors would skin me alive if I distracted myself yet again from finalising the very long running 1.1 Sport rebuild saga. She seems to be gently suggesting that she would like to start riding my Z1000 if I could possibly hurry up and get that on the road too.

Could be a long winter in the garage if I ever manage to make some time.
          Guzzi 850
          Z1000

Comment

I haven't figured out pictures yet but I did mine Norton style. A short line from each carb pair goes into a T and is bridged there with a line between the T's. I put VW bug fuel filters in the lines and instead of just running them up to the taps I have them crossed over to keep the fuel filters from bunching up.

I did a low tech solution to blocking off the prime line. I ran a hose from the left prim to the right. It looks like a ballance tube like used on bikes with only one tap.

My oval tapered airfilters came yesterday and I have those on there now too. It looks pretty good for a mongrel. ;o)

Geezer
            Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

If it works...

Geezer

Low tech or not.if it works, why worry!

I can picture what you mean, maybe an idea if the fuel lione spagetti routing gets too much!

Maybe tomorrow I'll get a chance to sort this all out
              Guzzi 850
              Z1000

Comment

Working...
              X