Owner's manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owner's manual

My manual was borrowed and never returned. Any suggestions where or how to buy another? Thanks...

There is one for sale on E bay now.

BDF Special
    80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
    Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Are you looking for the owner's manual, or the service manual? Either way, you can download one (or both) from the link in my signature. I host a buch of those manuals on my website for a free download.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Thank You Catatonic Bug,
        Your manual library is much appreciated.
        I recently down loaded the shop manual and printed it.
        While computer illeterate I managed to sort it all out with out even calling a friend or outside intervention. Adobe Reader is required on the computer to open the file for those of you equally challenged, it too is availabe free on the net (Google Adobe)
        Maxim Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Hey Cbug,

If I want to copy and paste a page from the manual how do i do it?

Adobe dosen't want to let me.

I think I can, but I can't.

Comment

If you download a program like "Software 995", Also free, you can edit a PDF with it. Using that program you can then effectively cut a sheet out of a large PDF with the extract function. It will also combine more than one PDF file into one larger PDF file.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Or, you can get something like CutePDF (this link will download the file directly), which allows you to print ANYTHING to a pdf file. It's just a print driver, but when you "print" the document, it asks where you want to save the new file. All you need to do is "print" the one page (or selection of pages) to a new file. We use this program here at work on all the PC's, to help people save paper.
              1980 XS850SG - Sold
              1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
              Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
              Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
              -H. Ford

Comment

Working...
              X