Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TomRodgers View Post
    .....good seals.

kinda like a with canned tomatoes....when you create a vacuum, liquid wont leak out.....that is the issue with my brakes....no vacuum..air is getting in=bad brakes.
    Still didn't get them working?

Did you try what I said, gravity bleed?

Comment

Not yet bro....been busier than a one legged man in and a$$ kickin contest this week. Union work, Xmas work...regular work, honey do work, you know the rest of the work also... Not to mention the cold. picked up some fuel for the fire snake (torpedo heater) and i may work on it this week. im gunna pick up some new 'nipples' to aid in the process...mine are starting to round off, and as Fred stated, may be crushed inside. cant hurt to replace em for 2 bucks.

Yesterday 11:44 PM
      Spider Nice. If you don't mind my asking, what did the cables end up setting you back? Do you remember the spec's/fittings/etc that you ordered?

An alternative to a longer brake hose would be to get apes with a wider lower section. Then you could mount the master right next to the clamps. Probably easier just to get new hoses though.
      68 bucks off of ebay. i love'em. but DO check your M/C to compare where they bolt up or it WILL cause an awkward angle on the line that wont look right IMHO.
      '81H (my first XS ) "Grey Ghost"
      Stock Pilots/ 110 mains (to change)
      4:1 Jardine w/ headerwrap
      Windjammer(wiring issues)
      SonyMarine unit for Ipod/Polk Speakers
      New paint/brakes to come!!
      ===============
      '80G FrankenBike (parts bike)
      ===============
      '80G to fix "BlackSunshine"
      Stock Pilots/125 mains
      Pod filters; 4:1 Kerker??
      SS Brake lines w/ new M/C's
      LED Brake Lite
      Needs paint....

It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt....

Comment

tom!!! i knew i liked you, where did you get your header wrap? i have look at like autozone and pep boys as someone else suggested and no luck. online it is expensive as hell...how far from the headers down the pipes did you go?
        1980 XS 1100 Special (working to be my daily ride)

Comment

Pink wrap is gonna be REALLY hard to find.

Comment

Bunch of different kinds of header wrap at Summit Racing....

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?...r%20wrap&dds=1
            2H7 (79)
            3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Caution Thread Hi-Jack in progress

Summit Racing is a COOL store. Happens to be 1 hour from my in-laws. I always make a point to go there while we go up there. Taught my son about engines and trannys with their cutaways in the store.

Ok...We now return you to your normally scheduled thread.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                Summit Racing is a COOL store. Happens to be 1 hour from my in-laws. I always make a point to go there while we go up there. Taught my son about engines and trannys with their cutaways in the store.
                Yep, that's where I got the Supertrapp can I grafted onto a Mac 4-1, got it over the net tho, wish I could go to that store, it's gotta be way cool. They got good header wraps, kinda cheap too.
                2H7 (79)
                3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

bikerphil!! brilliant! this is what i was looking for. called every bike shop in (literally) a 100 mile radius of my house. no one had it, everyone could order it....for 70 and up a roll!!! thanks man! (i should have known. even if you guys don't like the look you know where to get it)

Comment

oh, and don't worry okie....i'm gonna die it pink, i have the color all mixed up all ready!!

Comment

Working...
                    X