Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BRAKES....I don't got no stinkin brakes...WTF!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope Tom never stops posting - I mean I hope you get your bike fixed. You know what I mean. - Dan
    '81 XS1100 LH - Midnight Special - been lookin' a long time for this one.
    1179 big bore kit, 80SG motor
    Rebuilt head, valves
    TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
    Tkat Fork Brace
    T.C. Spade Fuse Box
    Dyna Coils & wires
    Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
    ISO grips with stelleto ends
    4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
    Bridgestone Spitfires
    Tuned by Tinman905
    & a will to keep it.

Comment

Hahahahaha.....YOU FUNNY....YOU MAKE ME LAUGH.....I KILL YOU LAST...HAHAHAHA

Trust me, as long as i can draw a breath, ill be posting here...ive come to love these guys!!!!
      '81H (my first XS ) "Grey Ghost"
      Stock Pilots/ 110 mains (to change)
      4:1 Jardine w/ headerwrap
      Windjammer(wiring issues)
      SonyMarine unit for Ipod/Polk Speakers
      New paint/brakes to come!!
      ===============
      '80G FrankenBike (parts bike)
      ===============
      '80G to fix "BlackSunshine"
      Stock Pilots/125 mains
      Pod filters; 4:1 Kerker??
      SS Brake lines w/ new M/C's
      LED Brake Lite
      Needs paint....

It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt....

Comment

Ken Talbot I would put my bet on you still having air in the system. It would be very unusual for air to be getting into the system without very obvious signs of fluid also leaking out somewhere. Realize that by bleeding through to the calipers, you are trying to push any air bubbles "downstream" when their natural tendency is to float "up". You pump a few bowls down, the bubbles move down a ways, then when you stop, the bubbles go back up again. Frustrating - yes! Vacuum pump bleeders help overcome this problem because they can move through enough volume quick enough to keep the air moving along.
        I was thinking about that....that really holds water due to the whole..."let it set a while and more bubbles come out" thing...... I just may spend the extra 20 bucks and get the Mighty vac.....seems to be built a bit better than the el cheapo model.....

I dont know about you guys, but at 12 degrees...im not going to be bleeding ANYTHING, especially ME!!! my skin has a tendency to be come overly brittle ( i think its a mental thing) when it gets below 25 degrees!!! Right now im resolved to fixing the guage lights and such until the next 30 degree day!!!!
        '81H (my first XS ) "Grey Ghost"
        Stock Pilots/ 110 mains (to change)
        4:1 Jardine w/ headerwrap
        Windjammer(wiring issues)
        SonyMarine unit for Ipod/Polk Speakers
        New paint/brakes to come!!
        ===============
        '80G FrankenBike (parts bike)
        ===============
        '80G to fix "BlackSunshine"
        Stock Pilots/125 mains
        Pod filters; 4:1 Kerker??
        SS Brake lines w/ new M/C's
        LED Brake Lite
        Needs paint....

It is better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt....

Comment

Hey Tom,

Before you go spend a bunch of money, I know those vac bleeders are 40 or 50 bucks, just try gravity bleeding.

Take the top off the master, open the bleeders and keep the master cyl full and just let gravity do it's thing.

This was the only way to get all the air out of the older Corvettes and Volvos.

Takes some time but it works.

Can't hurt to try.

Comment

Another thing to check

is the bleed nipples. My son was having a nightmare getting the air out of his XS650 (same front calipers as an XS11 Standard) system. The more he bled 'em the spongier they got.
            Turns out he'd been so vigorous in turning the nipples in to seal them that their ends had gotten crushed out of shape so they couldn't seal.
            Luckily there's a GM metric brake nipple that fits right in there.
            And take a turn of teflon tape around the threads, air can get in there, too.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
            X